My dog had 11 puppies, help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbatd

To agree with Smkie and Redy .....put the strongest nursing pups on the upper teats.... I had one large litter who actually got 2 more working .... as to Redy's comment, the refund when proof of spay or neutering is a great idea.

R

RedyreRottweilers

She could also have puppy buyers not pay ANYTHING. They could come sign the contract, make their own vet appt for S/N.

Breeder could then deliver puppy to the vet, with the buyer picking up the pup post surgery and paying for the S/N.

Keep in mind the younger they are done, the smaller they are and the less it will cost.

:D

Heatherew said:
Thanks to those of you who have given helpful answers(thanks especially to Smkie). I HAD set up a spay appointment for this dog, then she got pregnant. I did not plan it, and I cannot go back and change it. I did not post on here to get attacked or get sarcasm, I posted to get some help so I can do what is best for the puppies, most of whom already have homes to go to. Yes, the puppies will all get their shots. A person has to learn sometime, I have never had newborn puppies before so obviously I will not know everything! The father of the pups was a lab mix also. And to the person who mentioned not breeding mongrels, it's my understanding that a mixed breed will sometimes escape the health problems that plague a particular breed.

I have tried supplemental feedings, but I wasn't able to get the puppies to drink from the bottle.
I retract my spay statement with humble apologies.
It's great to know that you've found homes for most of them.
You're doing your best and you should be commended for it!
Good Luck!

stand_watie said:
That's for sure. Where I live in the country people abandon their dogs all the time. It's gotten so I don't even blame my neighbors anymore who just shoot the strays and leave them for the buzzards after making a few trips to the animal shelter with strays that other people have abandoned and having to face down a spittle flying"spay/neuter!/spay/neuter!", shrieking harpy every time I go.
Anyone who would shoot a dog is a &*^[email protected] a horrible thing to post!

No excuse for that kind of ignorance.:mad:

LizzieCollie

Collie Crazy
40. ‘To Heatherview: Talk to the vet to see how much he will charge you for the 12 dogs (pups and momma) and whatever the price you divide it up between the 11 pups and thats what you would charge as the adoption fee. Lets say you sum up 500 dollars divide that into 11 it would be 45.45454545 So you could charge 60-80 dollars so you can cover the spay/neuter and still have money left to get them their first shots. I personally buy a 6 in 1 or 7in1 shot and that’s what I give them. Its much cheaper than paying for the vet visits plus the shot and if you get it from a good place its pretty safe. Good luck with your pups!

stevinski

Int CH - $uperBitch
*Sigh* I wish people could comprehend that breeding a litter, just ONE litter makes you a breeder...
shut up it does!
your actually being too harsh to this person, her dog had an accidental litter!
it really doesnt make you a breeder if your dog had puppies, it makes you a person whos dog had puppies, a breeder is someone who organises it.

a breeder in the dictionary is 'someone who breeds animals'
unless i'm missing something, this person didnt intentionally breed her dog, so that doesnt make her a breeder, and i for one wish her all the best and hope that everything goes ok.

bubbatd

Let's support ... it's done. No, she's not a breeder, she is the owner of a female who had puppies. She cares about them and for them. This forum is for people who Google for help and luckily end up here. I notice that most of the negative post are from people I'm not familiar with. The longer you are on this forum , the more you learn that we mostly are a compassionate bunch of dog lovers. Now, how are those pups doing ????

ihartgonzo said:
Oh gladly, as soon as you quit being ignorant. :)
If not being ignorant in your book means to start being nasty to people who are bringing other people's abandoned dogs in to the shelter, or to start berating people who are obviously caring owners who made a mistake, and are trying to rectify it by trying to become better owners by getting good information on puppy rearing, then thanks anyway, I'll remain "ignorant". If you meant my not "blaming" my neighbors for shooting dogs comment, fine, I retract it. Perhaps I should have said I'm not surprised by my neighbors doing that rather than having to deal with jerks at the shelter blaming them for other people's abuse.

Brattina88

I also hope the pups and Mom are well! Do you have any pictures? Puppies are too cute not to photograph ;) :D

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
stand_watie said:
If not being ignorant in your book means to start being nasty to people who are bringing other people's abandoned dogs in to the shelter, or to start berating people who are obviously caring owners who made a mistake, and are trying to rectify it by trying to become better owners by getting good information on puppy rearing, then thanks anyway, I'll remain "ignorant". If you meant my not "blaming" my neighbors for shooting dogs comment, fine, I retract it. Perhaps I should have said I'm not surprised by my neighbors doing that rather than having to deal with jerks at the shelter blaming them for other people's abuse.

My dog had 11 puppies, help!!!

Also I understand your frustration as we see things similar to this almost daily. We know about all the unwanted pets who are put to sleep because of irresponsible owners. We feel you there! Just calm down. You will get a better reaction if you are kind. I fall short of this too. I too let my emotions over ride logic.
Look at the title of this thread.
She asked for help.
Take a step back take a few deep breaths.
She has the information she needs. We cant make choices for other people so she has to make her own choices and live with the outcomes. Just like everyone else in the world has to do. Humility is a friend at times and helps us to see how we arent so perfect ourselves. Shoot this post took me 3 times of previewing to make it to where I felt it would be read the way I meant it.

To the poster,
You have some really good information that was shared that is why I wished you the best in my last post. I still do wish you and all 11 of your lil babies the best. Chaz has alot of great members who really do care and are passionate about pets. Stick around you might make a friend or 3:D or more! You will definatly learn a thing or two! I know I have:D

Squidbert said:
Maybe you should direct your anger at these people you're referring to.. ?Just an idea..
I have expressed my displeasure with their behavior to their faces. Ihartgonzo said she was one of them, so I expressed it to her as well.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
stand_watie said:
I have expressed my displeasure with their behavior to their faces. Ihartgonzo said she was one of them, so I expressed it to her as well.
NO, I would never "berate" some one for bringing in a stray dog. I think that is awesome, any dog is safer in a shelter (even a kill shelter) than living on the streets, and so is society. I have brought to the SPCA dozens of stray dogs in my city who had no identification, if they have identification I make my best attempts to track down the people (which, every time I've found a dog with tags, I have found the owner within the day).

The comment I was most puzzled by is your supporting shooting animals. I don't care if there's a lady who is annoying at the shelter, are you honestly saying a few minutes of annoyance is too painful to save an animals life? If so, you have issues of your own to deal with. You also put her down for encouraging people to spay & neuter. It isn't her fault that SO many people allow their intact dogs to stray and repeatedly become impregnated, for no reason other than laziness.

I definitely feel the OP is a caring person who is honestly experiencing an accident litter (not a too-lazy-to-alter litter), and coming here to get help is a great thing.

ihartgonzo said:
NO, I would never "berate" some one for bringing in a stray dog. I think that is awesome
I'm glad to hear that, then perhaps you spoke to quickly in including yourself as a shrieking harpy.

The comment I was most puzzled by is your supporting shooting animals.
The comment was over the top and I've already said I retract it - it was a response to the berating the OP got from the get go - I was making the point that those who simply attack people who are genuinely trying to do the right thing, even if you don't agree with an earlier action they made, can do more harm than good. In the specific instance I cited, driving away people who care enough about abandoned dogs to take them to the shelter, but not enough about them to take the to the shelter, and put up with a rash of sht about it as well.

You also put her down for encouraging people to spay & neuter
. No, I put her down for continuing her little spay/neuter tirade at me after I had told her repeatedly that it wasn't my dog and that my dogs were spayed/nuetered (which she'd have known if she'd bothered to remember that I adopted my dogs there), and then for doing it again every time I brought another stray in.

I definitely feel the OP is a caring person who is honestly experiencing an accident litter (not a too-lazy-to-alter litter), and coming here to get help is a great thing.
If she'd been like a lot of people, she'd just have just gone elsewhere for advice after first having to put up with the shtstorm of

and then Serena tearing into her like that. If she'd been a reader thinking of asking advice on how to care for her puppies, maybe not ask for help at all for fear of being flamed.

Maybe obstetricians/pediatricians should take that tack whenever they have a patient who they think shouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place wants pre/post natal care. Maybe it would cut down on unplanned children. More likely it would just cause unplanned children to not get good medical care.

R

RedyreRottweilers

how typical that you would compare the selective responsible breeding of dogs to humans.

You conveniently omit the helpful and educational links I provided, along with a spay neuter contract, and suggestions for methods of getting the puppies S/N before they go to their new homes.

I don't consider a few emoticons indicating my frustration with things like this a sh*tstorm.

YOUR posts on the matter, however, could qualify as that.

bubbatd

Shall we PM our insults and stick to the subject ???? She should receive " How To Raise A Puppy You Can Live With " , which I sent her, by Monday. To me it was like a small donation to a HS....saving some pups from possible problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.