My Athena is gone....

Amstaffer

As some of you know Athena has had some liver problems and other issues over the last year. The last few days she has not been eating, she has been disoriented, not walking very well and leaking from behind. The Vet seems to believe she had a stroke and also liver problems are back in force. Any ways.. I made one of the hardest decisions in my life this morning I had her PTS. (that was even hard to type).

I am heart broken and I am mostly making this posts for self therapy. I know many of you will want to say goodbye to her also.

My sister said it best when I told her...

Athena touched the heart of everyone who met her. She got a long with everyone and was loved by everyone. Athena is a pure soul.

Every roommate I had before I got married always told me they would love to take her if I ever had to move someplace where I couldn't have her.

She was such a soldier, she always did her best to be a good dog and do the right thing. She never whined she always tried to be strong and act as if she wasn't sick even when her body was giving out on her.

I will miss her so very much.

Goodbye Athena.....I love you and I'll see you when my time comes.

I wish I had some digital puppy pictures but I don't. I'll try to scan some and post them later.

Oh no . . . . that is . . . oh . . . Athena . . . ((((((((HUGS))))))))) How devastated you have to be right now. She leaves such an aching void. But you are right, she'll be waiting for you, and watching, and maybe even finding her way back to you somehow.

Amstaffer

Oh no . . . . that is . . . oh . . . Athena . . . ((((((((HUGS))))))))) How devastated you have to be right now. She leaves such an aching void. But you are right, she'll be waiting for you, and watching, and maybe even finding her way back to you somehow.
Thank you for your words

Maxy24

Oh I loved Athena so much, I'm sorry you had to make that decision but you did what was best, you would have never forgiven yourself if you had let her suffer instead. What a beautiful little girl, RIP :(

Saje

Island dweller
Oh beautiful girl! I'm so sorry. I'm so glad she was with you for the time she had. So sorry for what you are going through though (((hugs)))

Dekka

Just try me..
I am so sorry for you loss. What a beautiful dog she was, thank you for sharing her with us.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Oh I'm so sorry amstaffer :( RIP Athena. She's up there right now running around with all our RB dogs healthy and whole again.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Oh I'm so sorry for your loss, amstaffer. RIP Athena <3
May you find some peace knowing that you were able to make her last days as comfortable as possible, and had the strength to end her suffering.

MH<3dogs

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this thread. I'm very sorry for your loss. I can't begin to imagine the heart ache you must be feeling. All the pictures are beautiful but the one with the children just brought tears to my eyes.

{{{Athena}}}

Members online