Moderators

Ash47

Taco Dog
I have seen some are confused as to who and who is not a moderator. If you are having problems on a certain forum, or you just wanna tell us what a great job we are doing :D , scroll all the way down to the bottom of the forum you are on. Look on the bottom righthand side and you will see who all moderates that particular forum. Just thought this would help, because I have had people ask who is a mod. :)

scob89

DILLIGAF?
That was a good idea to post this. I think this should be made into a sticky.

Saje

Island dweller
Also, at the bottom of the main page you can click "view forum leaders" or something like that to see everyone

IliamnasQuest

Loves off-leash training!
It's still confusing to me as to why moderators don't say "MODERATOR POST" on those posts where they are acting like a moderator and not just a general member. It doesn't make sense that we should have to figure out if they're just voicing their opinion or if they're acting as a moderator.

This is the only forum I've been on in 9 years online that doesn't require their moderators to identify their posts as a moderator post when they are acting in that capacity. I can't blame anyone for ignoring a post if it's not marked as "official".

Melanie and the gang in Alaska

Cassiepeia

Chihuahua Mum
I know this is kinda old, but is there a reason why moderators can't have the word 'moderator' under or next to their username or in their signature or perhaps the name could be a different colour....something?
It would make things much easier for members. Particularly members who may need help on the forum but aren't very 'forum savvy', if you know what I mean?

Cass.

It isn't easy to identify a mod to encourage the member to work out things themselves instead of running to a Mod for everything. It seems to work out just fine :)

We also have a special Help Forum just for anybody who needs help too :)

Chazhound

silverpawz

No Sugar Added
I've always wondered why they don't have Moderator under the username as well. Seems it would be an easy thing to do and avoid a lot of confusion. When you're in heat of a debate or discussion it's often hard to remmber who's a mod and who's not. At least for me it is. I'm sure I've probably snarked at a few mods without even realizing it.

If it were more obvious who the mods were...

I have to agree this is the only forum I've been to that seems to want to keep their mods a secret. LOL

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Most of us don't want people to walk around on eggshells when we're around, it takes all the fun out. Many people seem to find it easy enough to tell which posts are Mod posts and which posts are just us joining in.

So generally, if you see a post like "This had better stop right now and get back to the point at hand" or "Lay off the new kid"...chances are it's from us and should be heeded.

There is also a list of moderators scattered around the forums...we're not so many that it's hard to remember who we all are.

silverpawz

No Sugar Added
...we're not so many that it's hard to remember who we all are.
For someone who would forget her head if it wasn't attached, it is. ;)
I visit a lot of forums and I'm just so used to seeing the Moderator under the username that if it's not there, it throws me off.

Anyway, I suppose if it's working why fix something that isn't broke. ;)

bubbatd

Don't forget that we Mods aren't Mods for every forum . If I post under Fire Hydrant and it says Mod under my avatar it's false . I'd not a Mod there.

Spiritus

Most of us don't want people to walk around on eggshells when we're around, it takes all the fun out. Many people seem to find it easy enough to tell which posts are Mod posts and which posts are just us joining in.

So generally, if you see a post like "This had better stop right now and get back to the point at hand" or "Lay off the new kid"...chances are it's from us and should be heeded.

There is also a list of moderators scattered around the forums...we're not so many that it's hard to remember who we all are.
But if something get's to the point where a moderator MUST say "That'll do!" ;) shouldn't they sign that specific post as "Moderator - Chazhound Help and Info Forum" (just for example)? Just today I saw someone write to take it easy on a guy - I do agree it was warranted, but I had (and still have) no idea whether or not that came from a moderator.... I'll have to go find the thread and check. :confused:

bubbatd

Under each Main area it gives the Mods name . Example .... Under Breeding , you'll see me listed as a Mod there . So if I post a " tap on the head " ...you can check back and see it's from me .

Saje

Island dweller
I think it's good that we don't have a moderator tag on our posts. We really don't like to publicly reprimand people and if it gets to the point where we need to step in and actively act as a moderator we will do so by pm for the most part. Any other guidance on the forum is in the hopes of steering a conversation in a different direction or settling things down.

We don't need to say "I'm a moderator do it my way..." Most people respond better to a suggestion than a demand and most of our members are smart enough to figure it out. A suggestion doesn't even have to come from us so it really doesn't need to look official. Other members have just as valid opinions and quite often can help steer a conversation onto better ground before a mod even sees it!

bubbatd

Agree Saje ! I'd say that less than 1 % of my posts are a warning . I'm just a member here who happens to moderates 2 forums here . We're here only because Chaz can't be everywhere . And yes , it does mean more time for us , because each of us checks their own areas for any spam or bad conduct .

amymarley

I am not a mod here... (most of you know I hate rules) but just came back on recently. I, as a member, know/ or knew who the mods were. I think mods. should lead by example, regardless if the word "MODERATOR" shows up or not. Most people are going to say what they want anyway.

I think as a member, you have a pretty good group that keeps things in check. Heck, I am saying this, and I had a time out here, although it was "posted" more than it should have been, but, I still came back.

I believe you have some REALLY great information going on here, and some really fun people. Sorry, I didn't mean to chime in on the "mod" thing, but I had to say, that you DO have some GREAT mods here, and I really enjoy this site.
Amy

Members online

No members online now.