Miracle the Emaciated Doberman NEEDS Your Help!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Vibes for continued progress. Eating on his own like that is incredible.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
That's AWFUL. I cannot believe he's still alive.

This is not something I would usually say, but has anybody contacted the media about this? Somebody might come forward with information as to WHO did that (even if it doesn't do any good...) and I'm sure that there would be a lot of donations coming in to assist with the vet care cost.
A few people have tried... so far there are no media takers. If anyone has contacts in the media, feel free to mention Miracle's story and let's see if we can push this one step further.

Miracle is beating ALL odds - it's a 'miracle' that he was even alive when he was found, and it's a 'miracle' that he's actually improving and trying so hard to survive. And he's bringing together hundreds of people from all over the world. :)

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I can't believe I didn't see this.
That poor, poor dog. I can't believe he's alive. There are just no words to express my feelings when I saw those photos. I hope that the incredibly advanced stage of emaciation has not hurt his organs too much. All I can do at the moment to help is to spread the word and send out all the good vibes I can muster.

Saeleofu

Man, he looks SO much better in those pictures! They're doing an awesome job caring for him.

Zizzy35

I couldn't sleep last night thinking about this dog. I'm so glad he is improving, but it's so hard for me to see.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
His baby face comes shining through. I am rooting for him all the way. Vibes for a fast and full recovery.

Brattina88

OMG.

Crossposting! For sure! I'm glad to see he's looking a little better... I've seen some pretty bad cases with the cocker rescue, but nothing THIS bad. :(
I'll be sending vibes. I'm going to check my account to see what I can spare (I'm just worried about medical bills when they start rolling in)

{{{{+++VIBES++++}}}} and bless everyone who's working to save this Miracle!

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
ANOTHER UPDATE

Miracle's bloodwork results came back. No significant organ issues, but his numbers are "off." We will see how that unfolds with time. He is heartworm negative, so that is huge! He LOVES to eat. He continues to do well, but he still has a long road ahead. For the 3-day weekend, he will go home with the vet tech, who is an IDR+ volunteer and adopter, so he will have 24-hour care.

He can lift his head, eat, and drink. And he pooped! That was a huge step. They "walk" him a few times a day to try to get him to walk for real.

It also appears as if he's got a fishhook and some fishing line in there - so he was probably so hungry he was scrounging for anything he could eat - maybe down by a river, where he found the fishing gear.

He's going home with "his" vet tech - an IDR+ volunteer and adopter - for the long weekend so he can have 24/7 care. All bundled up and ready to go!

Dekka

Just try me..
thats fantastic news. How amazing he doesn't have more health issues! He really is a miracle boy.

I was going to say "poor poor baby" but really this is probably a high point in his life... Probably the first time anyone has really cared about him and loved him. Now he has people alllll around the world rooting for him.

I hope the person who did this to him has a special place in hell....

Go Miracle Go!!!! You are a tuff boy!

Libby

SizzleDog, I would dearly love to make this boy a coat. Once he is on his feet more (I seen the picture in general) I'm sure he will need it!

Please PM me if you think he could use one :)

ACooper

OMG :( I missed this thread until I saw the thread of him standing in dog general...........

Bless his poor dear soul, and curse the people who let this happen to him :mad:

LilahRoot

I also missed this.

Miracle sure is the perfect name for this boy. I can't believe he was still alive. I have never seen a dog in such a poor state still alive.

I hope that he continues to get better and finds a loving home of his own.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
This whole story is both heartbreaking and heartwarming. I'm so glad to see he's improving so far. I'm eager to see how he's faring after some in-home TLC. :)

Members online

No members online now.