Martin Richling Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Martin Richling

Rude? Do you people have french fries for ribs and shoestrings for backbones? Does a simple word like "dorky" offend you? Get a life...

H

HandyMac

HandyMac...
People are too concerned with WHY dogs do what they do. It is better to correct dogs for WHAT they do and leave the why to the so-called experts.
Yes, I do know "why" dogs do what they do. But to bite for "no reason" is NO JUSTIFIED REASON IN THE EYES OF THE MASTER. It is the master who decides on whether or not the dog should be biting or not. Do you understand this?
Yes, I do. You are welcome to come to my house uninvited.

Wear bite sleeves, however.;)

Then, once I have brought my two watch dogs---the reason for the bite sleeves when uninvited---in side, you can come in----following the house rules---and pet the same dogs who were so convincingly keeping you out of the yard just moments before.

House rules are simple, do not look/speak/recognize the dogs until they indicate you can. That is simply pack behavior----any visitor to a pack receives the same treatment.

All that was done with no touching other than a correction with cupped fingers on the side of the neck or submission by dominant posture---no touching at all. And one of my dogs is a rescue---a Rottweiler/German Shepherd mix---he was so out of control he would bite himself.

Now, this training has not been easy, nor was it quick. It is not even finished after a year. But, it is ingrained---by treating the dogs as they understand---by pack treatment.

M

Martin Richling

boo hoo hoo....
I think it is rude that people were frigging SLANDERING me here on this foolish forum but you do not REBUKE them, now do you?

Cheetah

Fluffy Corgi Addict
I wasn't the one slandering.

I have an idea. How bout there is not just one way to train? Maybe since we are not getting ANYWHERE past flinging **** at each other, we should lock this thread and just shut up. At this point, it's a waste of bandwidth.

Dutchie

Bwahahahaha !!!
I noticed that Ms.Wilson isn't saying much, but what does she have left to say really? I've noticed that she doesn't have anything new to say in general and she hasn't posted a valid link to that story either. This is just speculation, but even if she were to enroll in PR training, she's probably the type of person who wouldn't follow through ... one of those people that make excuses as to why they can't do it or why their dog can't do it rather than take accountability for what her pet does and doesn't do. Finger pointing only goes so far, especially with baseless "facts". I am sure that she has many flaws herself, maybe that's why her time is consumed with gathering support with half-truths or speculation on her own part ... I don't know ... but it makes for a good laugh in the middle of the afternoon.

M

Martin Richling

Good bye...and there is only ONE WAY to train dogs. And that is CORRECTLY. Think about that one...

Saintgirl

Whether I agree with you training techniques or not is irrelevant Martin. The world is not a black and white place and neither is dog training, to think is such a way is ignorance.

H

HandyMac

Pity, because I am becoming more of a foe as you post.

Plainly put----dogs do not need to be beaten for any reason. Anyone who advocates beating is less of a being than the dog. Dogs have lived in packs for thousands of years and the pack worked without beatings. Corrections, yes. But dogs have no hands with which to use a stick.

You understand what I said. Your feigning not understanding means you have no way to prove me wrong.

heavyjay

Your name sounded very familiar to me and it took me since yesterday to remember where I'd seen it. My son played tuba in his HS band the last two years. I was googling for mouthpieces and came upon a site that has a testimonial by a person named Martin Richling, who was a euphonium player in the Marine corps Band.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.