How often do you clean poop up from your yard?

Every day - I have two dogs and a city lot. The puppy (who is currently 52 lbs at 5 months) still poops an awful lot every day. Right now it's frozen solid within minutes, so I take a shovel and put it into a galvanized garbage can lined with a trash bag. It goes out with the garbage once a week. Though city council has recently cut out trash pick up to every other week, so I'm not sure how that's going to work out ....

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Uh... like never, lol (well, okay, a couple times a month). We have an acre and a half, so it's pretty easy to avoid poop as Roxie is on a long tether in part of a side yard for potty.

I do clean it up right away if she poops in any other area of the yard when we're out playing/doing stuff. But she's pretty solid about only going in her spot.

I use a cheap kitty poo scooper and an ice cream bucket. Then it all gets thrown into a small trashcan that's up against a side of the house in her area.

In the summer I would clean 2 or 3 times a week. Now that it's cold I scoop about once a week. The fall is the worst with the leaves on the ground. I would find turds with paws print in them. Gross.

I use a pooper scooper with the long handles, one is a little bucket thing on the end and the other has a spade type end to shovel it in.

Its better if you train your dog to pop in a separate place where you can easily clean their poop, i have a dog and i trained him to poop in a separate place.

I don't have a yard currently, so I have to pick it up every time she goes. When I did have a yard (before Fable, but with foster dogs), I just picked it up whenever the dog went. The yard wasn't fenced, so the dogs always had to be on leash which made it pretty easy to pick it up then and there. I like the idea of picking it up as they go so you don't have to deal with tons of piles of **** at the end of the week.

joce

Never!!

But this puppy poops so much I really should! I swore I'd have a assigned poo spot at this house and it never happened.

Never had to worry about it with Byron cuz he'd scoot his butt up on a tree to poop.

TheDeena

Passionate About My Animals
Wow, a lot of great info. Point is, how clean you want to keep things and if you have cranky neighborhoods should dictate. Great ideas on compositing etc.

Members online

No members online now.