Goodbye, Sweet Rosey

JessLough

Love My Mutt
On March 8th, Rosey and I took a walk to the vet clinic. Only I walked out.

I've tried to type something a thousand times. Over and over and over. And yet, nothing was right. Nothing was good enough. Nothing did her justice.

We had an amazing 16 years together. 16 years. I don't remember a time without her. I never knew what life without her was like -- and now that I have to live it, I wish I didn't ever have to.

So many good times. So many smiles and laughs. So many hugs and kisses. So many good times.

She never gave up on me. If I wanted to do something, she sure as hell was going to give it 110%, and have fun doing it. Even up until her last days. She never let her age slow her down, because, well, what fun would that be? She never let us know she was going downhill. She never let us know she was in so much pain. Maybe that's why it was such a shock -- she was always so happy.

She was a family dog, but was mine at heart. Everybody could tell that. She was always nothing but smiles, always ready, by my side, in a way that said "what shall we do next?!"

We didn't have many photos together -- and that I regret. I was always the one taking the photos.
(photo credit goes to AllieMackie)

3 by JessLough, on Flickr

6 by JessLough, on Flickr

7 by JessLough, on Flickr

jessrosey3-hi by JessLough, on Flickr

jessrosey4-hi by JessLough, on Flickr

jessrosey8-hi by JessLough, on Flickr

Always had to give some sass...

jessrosey1-hi by JessLough, on Flickr

Her favourite pastime was, by far, swimming/getting wet
She looked a little ridiculous when wet

8 by JessLough, on Flickr

5 by JessLough, on Flickr

2 by JessLough, on Flickr

More...

JessLough

Love My Mutt

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
What an amazing dog, she was an inspiration and a pleasure to watch. Thank you for setting up the hope and possibility to have dogs live so long and so happy and healthy until the end.

Run free beautiful, you were truly loved.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Oh, Rosey. <3
I've always adored her. My mom even knows who she is because I'd show her pics.
She was such a special girl, and I'm so sorry she's gone, but so glad she had 16 long years of life and love.
Run free, sweet girl. So many people will always remember you.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Im so sorry Jess. She was such a amazing girl. She really never looked her age. Im sure she is looking after everyone up there.

SarahHound

She was such a beautiful girl. Even though you don't have many photos together, those ones you do have are beautiful.

Rest peacefully sweet Rosey.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm so sorry. She was such a beautiful girl. I'm glad you have these pictures to remember all the love and good times you shared. Hugs

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Rosey was such a rockstar and what a great tribute, she really was your good girl. I am so sorry for your loss :( she was a lucky dog to spend 16 years as loved as she was

Brattina88

I started to type this a couple of times and just couldn't think of words good enough to say :(

Rosey's such an amazing dog! It's crazy that you can be so attached to a dog that you've never had the privilege of meeting in person... It's equally awesome that she lead us all here together and we've become good friends <3 What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful dog!!!
I love Rosey so much, and I know she had such a good life with you Jess :D She's a great dog and she will be remembered by so many, all across the world thanks to you, thanks for sharing her with us. She's been a good example to all of us to not use age as an excuse, and live life to the fullest. I'm hugging Maddie tight tonight saying a quiet little prayer for you and Rosey. (and showing Maddie her picture... SEE MADDIE... 16... DO YOU HEAR ME?! 16 )

Rest in peace sweet Rosey. Keep an eye on Murtagh for me, will ya?

and (((((hugs))))) to you Jess

I'm here if you need anything!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Thanks, guys <3 We sure thought she was something special, and tried to show that. Age is definitely not an excuse, and I'm glad that if anything, that's what she showed, because I know she'd love for that to be the lesson. I know she enjoyed livin' it up until the day she died.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Thanks for sharing such a beautiful tribute for a beautiful girl... Rosey was so special, and one of my favorites. I was always excited to see Rosey pictures- especially ones of her showing that even the oldies can have fun!

I'm terrible at replying to these threads. I've been busy which is the major reason for not posting lately, but the secondary reason is having to deal with the loss of so many chaz dogs lately. It's just not fair.

Rest easy, Rosey. You were so loved, and had fans all around the world. You were awesome, and special, and really taught me that senior dogs could keep up with the young ones!

Toller_08

That was really beautiful, Jess. Rosey was such a wonderful girl and I'm so glad you got to share 16 years with her, and her with you.

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
Oh Jess :( I've tried to write something about a dozen times and honestly nothing seemed right. And I still do no know what to say.

Rosey was always my favorite Chaz dog, I know I am not around often at all anymore but my heart is breaking for you. She was a beautiful dog, and she has a beautiful soul that will watch over you for the rest of your days until you are reunited.

I wish I could say something to make it a little easier but I know I cannot , you were there for me when I lost Kacee and offered me kind consoling words and it meant so much, and just know that I am here for you if you ever need to talk. <3

Rest in Paradise sweet Rosey.

Members online

No members online now.