Fila at high kill shelter!

Bunny82

Why doesn't she call?? I can't take the suspense. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

What if the shelter didn't put the note on the cage?! Omg, I have terrible thoughts running through my mind now.
Okay breathe. :)

Did you call the shelter. If not I am sure they are closed now but call them tomorrow if you don't hear from Anne by then. If you would like and it makes things easier I could call the shelter in the morning to make sure they put the note on Lizzy's cage?

noludoru

Bored Now.
Do we need anything else. Giant car harness? Leash? Training collar. Just tell me and I can pick it up and meet you somewhere.
A leash would probably be good, and you might want to pick up a large harness just in case mine isn't big enough. I think it is, but I don't want to find that out the hard way. If you buy one, make sure the store has a return policy so if mine fits you don't have to. As long as I get mine back, I don't mind if she has it for a month or so. I have a collar for her she can keep, so that wont be a problem unless she has a freakishly small neck for a Fila.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Yes, please, call the shelter.

Sure, I can get a large car harness and a leash. I think I have an old leash of Sarama's that she can just have, actually.

filarotten

Fila the love
Whew!!! feeling better now. Just got off the phone with Ann(no e, lol) the lady at the shelter that handles rescues was off today so she was not able to speak with her. She did however speak with a human that assured her Lizzy is in no danger at the moment of being put to sleep. Thank God for that. She is going to call tomorrow and see what day we can get her. It sounds as if someone from chaz is going to have to pick Lizzy up for Ann...but don't quote me on that. Hopefully we will know the details tomorrow evening.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Whew!!! feeling better now. Just got off the phone with Ann(no e, lol) the lady at the shelter that handles rescues was off today so she was not able to speak with her. She did however speak with a human that assured her Lizzy is in no danger at the moment of being put to sleep
Oh thank god...

filarotten

Fila the love
I am so disappointed, I can't get Lizzy.

It seems they actually approved her for adoption to someone, but she tested positive for heartworm so she is being sent to a county shelter somewhere in the area where she will be treated and then adopted out when she is well.

Thanks for trying everyone.

Bunny82

Oh Linda, I am so sorry (hugs)

I know how much you wanted Lizzy and I wanted so much to see her get to you. :(

I can only imagine how disappointed you must be. Is there anything you need or anything I can do?

I've been following this and hoping to be able to hear stories, see pictures of Lizzy at home with you. I'm sorry that she won't be coming to live with you filarotten but am so happy to hear that she's safe and out of danger.

I'm amazed at everyone here and how Chazzers come together to help a dog in need. You're all pretty dang terrific!!!!!!

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
The important thing, the ONLY important thing, is that she is safe and has a home. Once we confirm that this is a permanent home and a serious adopter, then we should simply be glad for her and her new owner.

A trip half-way across the country would have been rough on her as well.

filarotten

Fila the love
I think the adopters are not getting the dog now. But, she said I wouldn't be able to adopt her when she was well...some policy they have in that area. I dunno... Brain kinda shut down for a few moments at that time.

Anyway, the most important thing is...Lizzy is alive and has chance at a happy future.

And... Ann did say she would try to find me another fila :)

Bunny82

We need to keep up with this. I would like to see Lizzy find a forever home, of course that is the most important thing.

Right now it seems like she is in adoption limbo so to speak. She has been approved for adoption with a person/family but now they are not getting her or don't want her?

youhavenoidea

I love my Weimaheiny!
I think the adopters are not getting the dog now. But, she said I wouldn't be able to adopt her when she was well...some policy they have in that area. I dunno... Brain kinda shut down for a few moments at that time.

Anyway, the most important thing is...Lizzy is alive and has chance at a happy future.

And... Ann did say she would try to find me another fila :)
Can't the rescue still trump a random shelter and pull her?

And if she's going to be re-listed once treated, couldn't you guys pull her on the sly like you were going to in the beginning?

This shelter just seems . . . kinda, dare I say, useless . . . I wish they would just let her be pulled and placed in a situation where she's going to be the focus, instead of one of many, tied up in BS red tape and behavior of shelter staff that suggests they don't even WANT her adopted.

Ugh. So frustrating. I've been following both threads for this girl all along, and nothing that comes from these people seems to make any sense.

Members online

No members online now.