Drawing Pad - Come here and DOODLE!!

RD

Are you dead yet?
That's actually a good way to go, I should start doing eyes first. I tend to do them as I go along, but really the eyes tend to make the painting if you're doing animals.. definitely would be easier to do them first and it'd be less painful to scrap the painting if they did turn out bad. A few days ago I was working on a cat with oil pastels (by far my worst media.. I just can't control them!) and it was looking sooo good until I started on - and screwed up - the eyes. I spent hours on it but scrapped it anyway. >_<

I wish I lived closer to you! I'd love to learn from you.. my mother has always been very artistic but she can't explain how she does things, so I've just had to learn from my own mistakes. I'd love to take a class sometime... drawing is so calming to me, lol.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
first i block out the animal giving me a good solid shape and i pay close attention to the outline. then with the next light shade i rough out my midtones and block in my eyes muzzle..etc. then hopefully if i can get it in three i am thrilled i will work my highlights. I had a little brown dog i did that i wish like all heck i could have saved or at least taken a photo for i would have used her as a logo. Then if it still looks unfinished i go back and darken or lighten in varying shades until it clicks. That is how i do it..
I alway try to put my background in first for it is a pain to go around something and fill it in. If i go too many layers the first ones i did vanish. Has been good for me in the long run for i have to use as few as possible giving it a nice gouche appearance.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Ooh I love that! I see what you mean, I'll have to give that a shot. I was working on something last night but again added too many layers. :( hehe, right now I'm just working with a pencil and paper (sucking at that too, lol!)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
hehee you should join in one with me someday Renee. Your fila was quite a challange. I love to just sit here and make them up , give em a name. RElaxing for me:) Wish i could just do that and get paid:D

i tried to make border collie but i went to far, i am out of practice. when i had the flu i was getting this thing down:rolleyes: now i am rusty. i did to many layers (most of them trying to fix what wasn't right) and lost it twice. Will try again later.

Last edited:

RD

Are you dead yet?
Aww the little red dog is so cute.

I need to give this another shot...

bubbatd

I went to peek and saw someone had scratch red all over the last picture and wrote F*ck on it !!! I deleted picture .... this rudeness is unacceptable !!!

RD

Are you dead yet?
I saw that, too, Grammy. I tried to undo it but it wouldn't let me... That was really good, Smkie - sorry somebody ruined it. :(

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i dont remember what it was..ah well the point is to have fun making and that i do!

Noxmorexlies

Official Animal Lover
Yeah its fun to watch the drawings start and see how they turn out if I had any talent with drawing I would give it a shot lol.

Members online

No members online now.