Doberman Pinschers

Gingerpup

I'm thinking of adding a 3rd dog to my family but haven't decided which breed I want. My Boxer went to the RB not to long ago, but I feel that I ready to share my love with another dog.

I was just wondering if anyone has one or had one, if anyone had any experiences with them.

Other breeds I'm looking into:
Chihuahua
Miniature Pinscher
Pomeranian
Boston Terrier
Shetland Sheepdog
Golden Retriever
Yorkie

Yeah I know there is lots of difference in these breeds. These are just a few of my favorites.

The Doberman was my second choice the last time I was looking for a dog. But the boxer really pulled at my heart.

I have experience with shelties and dobies... can't go wrong with either in my lifestyle...

Chazhound

Shetland sheepdog rock! ;) So do dobies are sweet, at lest the ones I have meet are, and all the rest but my favorite would be the sheltie! I have three and hoping to add another one really soon!

milo

Labrador lover!!!!!
hi

hi there yer dobies are really cute and so are retriever's and my mate has a sheltland sheepdog and she's lovely!!!!!!!! :D

RD

Are you dead yet?
Pomeranians are little comedians, especially when they're under 2 years old.

Min Pins & Chihuahuas are also really great dogs, but they need some rules in their house and someone to back them up, and teach them what is acceptable and what isn't.

Shelties are fantastic.. I fostered a sheltie mix for a couple of weeks and she was one of the brightest dogs I've ever met. Very fast learner.

Goldens are sweethearts, provided that you buy from a good breeder.

There are plenty of Dobe's (& All other breeds for that matter) in rescues, too. :D

pitbulliest

It all depends on what kind of dog you're looking for that will fit your lifestyle...do you live in an apartment or a house...do you work the whole day or stay home....are you able to take them out for exercise alot or not?

I personally love bully breeds.. bulldogs..boxers...american bulldogs..pit bulls (although I definately don't recommend these breeds for people that don't have any knowledge about them)...they are a handful but they're also totally worth it if you know what you're getting yourself into...I love my pit!

flyndog

Dogs Made Easy!
Gingerpup, what breeds are your other two dogs? I love Shelties but when it came time to look for a dog, they just weren't practical for my lifestyle anymore. I needed a small, travelin' dog. It took me a year to decide which little dog breed was best for me. Picking out a new dog! What fun!
Kit

bogolove

You have a pretty good list of dogs. It would be hard to choose from it. I would say get one you really like but also one that best fits your lifestyle. My husband had a doberman when he was younger. They are such beautiful dogs, and all the ones I have known have been very sweet. Golden retreivers are great too. My dog has golden in him and he has the sweetest and most patient personality. He loves people, kids, cats, and all other dogs. If a dog has ever been agressive towards him (it is rare) he does not understand why. I also think Yorkies are SO cute. I would have a hard time choosing too, but ultimately whatever you get, you will love with all your heart anyway, so no matter what you can't really go wrong. :)

Members online

No members online now.