Disc dog people

Dex

:eek: oops LOL

Is that so they learn to track the frisbee or just so you don't injure them? lol

I think I may be in the same boat. I tried it a couple times last night in the house and it was ok, but not all that great. My poor dogs don't know what they are in for haha
Haha, yep, to prevent injury (and to help with tracking). Dogs will twist and turn to try and catch a disc and if you throw right at their face, they don't have enough time to plan and execute the right movement.. it becomes unpredictable and unsafe then.

Eventually there will be moves you learn that require you to throw a disc right at them, but it's usually placed above them, so they can move to the disc still.

There are some good youtube videos that teach rollers. Practice them without your dogs first, then introduce your dogs after you feel confident about them. Good luck!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I've been doing a lot of rollers and "go around" and it's going great! I've even tempted a few tosses and catches and both did pretty good. Art is still iffy on catching or tracking, but I think it's his eyesight. Talon is doing great on rollers and much better with catches! ^_^ yay

Thanks you guys, it's been super helpful. I'm going to try to get a video tomorrow for some more pointers :)

SaraB

I've been doing a lot of rollers and "go around" and it's going great! I've even tempted a few tosses and catches and both did pretty good. Art is still iffy on catching or tracking, but I think it's his eyesight. Talon is doing great on rollers and much better with catches! ^_^ yay

Thanks you guys, it's been super helpful. I'm going to try to get a video tomorrow for some more pointers :)
Woohoo!!

Post it in the Disc Dog Training thread!

Members online

No members online now.