Conformation outfits?

Kilter

What do you like/suggest? I'll need to get some show clothing but not sure what the best deal is - don't want to get stuff I can only wear in conformation!

I am thinking medium/longer skirts with sweaters or nice tops of some kind - things that I can mix and match and wear. Not too worried about the latest fashion for the show world...

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
If I end up showing Aeri in confo I'll prob end up getting dress pants with pockets and pair them with various nice shirts - no swirly skirts with a very easily wound up malinois, here!

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
I'd like to see others responses. I have yet to find an outfit I truly like for showing in. most stuff doesn't fit my body type very well. Right now I either wear jeans if it's a barn show or dress pants if it's a non barn show, and one of three dress tops. I would certainly like a nice pants suit set with a nice blazer if I could ever find a blazer that fit me.

Saeleofu

I have khakis and a pair of grey pants I pair with some knit tops for conformation, but I don't like them very much. I can't wear black because Logan is black, so my choices are a bit limited. I need to find a new outfit, too.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
If you go for skirts, you need it skirt suitish length, pencil like.. I had issues wanting to look nice but still move. I got judge feedback that my skirts were out doing my dog. Needed shorter or more understated. Though I tried to go for plain, Anything swishy at all I was told was too much in a nice non snarky way.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Yeah a pant suit like that is basically what I have, though in all grey since I have a black dog. Haven't shown yet but at least I have the clothes lol. Plus I actually use that suit for work sometimes so it earns its keep ;) At least until I ruin it at a dog show...

Flyinsbt

I generally wear nicer pants, and a dressy (ish) top. I buy pretty much all my show clothes at Ross, so I just kind of get what I find in a given trip. I had the best pair of pants, here, you can see them in this picture:

Scary to wear off-white pants, but they set off my dogs pretty well. Due to my short, heavy build, it's hard for me to buy pants that actually fit. The legs tend to be too long, so I buy capris or other shorter type pants. Anyway, these are awesome because they have a little bit of spandex in the blend, so they still look and feel like natural fiber, but they have some give. So I can run straight from the breed ring, to performance in them, as I did here.

Unfortunately, a dog chewed out one of the pockets, and now one of the seams is popped. I might see if I can mend it (I'm no seamstress), because they really are the best pants I've had.

When I was showing at Eukanuba a few years ago, I did buy a skirt suit to wear. I found the perfect one, also at Ross, in tan shades. I wore it a few other times at indoor shows, just because I had it, but it was a bit big for me, and I ripped a seam in the skirt kneeling on it, so I'm done with it. I prefer to wear pants, anyway.

kady05

If it's AKC, I usually wear a pant suit. I literally do not OWN a skirt or a dress, so I still haven't ventured into skirts and all that LOL. Here's one of mine:

(will someone please come yell at me ringside and tell me to look UP!)

For UKC, either black or khaki pants with a nice top. I'm lucky with Sako, I can wear just about anything (except white pants) and it works.

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
I have one tan pencil skirt that I use exclusively for conformation (I have no need for a skirt otherwise LOL) that I pair with different tops:

Otherwise, I wear nice khakis or dress pants with appropriate tops, depending on venue, weather, etc:

(This was the same day as a conformation trial so I obviously just wore the same thing LOL):

One day I hope to be able to afford a nice pants suit (or at least a suit jacket), but I don't show all that much, so it's not huge on my priority list. I've also gotten in to the habit of just putting bait in my armband, but if I do get a suit jacket, I would love one with good pockets to put bait in there instead.

Aleron

I tend to go with pant suits or skirt suits in contrasting colors to the dogs. Going the suit route helps you look more professional IMO. My fave suits for the Belgians for big shows are...white :O

Still sometimes I feel like having casual Friday, Saturday or Sunday at a show. On those days, l'll wear khakis and a nice colorful top. And if it's really hot, sometimes just a skirt and nice tank top. If it's really wet or muddy, I go with a skirt cause suit pants in light colors don't hold up so well to mud.

Flyinsbt

I actually won a BOS once while wearing shorts and a tank top. I wouldn't really recommend that. It was a hot outdoor show, I was doing agility, entered my girl in conformation only because I thought she'd be in season, and wanted a reason to bring her along. I couldn't be bothered to dress up, so I just bought brand new, solid colored casual clothes. I was a little surprised to win.

kady05

Gypsydals

I usually wear the business skirt suit type of clothing. Knee length or slightly shorter pencil skirts and a jacket with pockets. I have to go with skirts because of my height. I have tried the pants suits and I just don't feel comfortable in them. That and wearing a skirt makes it super easy to change your clothes in the back of your van after you are done in the ring. ;)

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
I have various dress pants/capris/blazers from talbot's (expensive but they LAST!!!) and a skirt & a dress that will go with said blazers from TJ Maxx.

I have shown in clean jeans & a nice top, but only at coonhound bench shows, where *everyone* is in jeans ;)

A little off topic, but I have to say, Kady, you are rocking that suit! I competed in speech in high school, and we had to wear suits for competition, and I still appreciate a well-fitted and classy suit! I have the hardest time finding suits that fit my body style, I always end up having them tailored. I'm thankful I'm not showing in Conformation right now lol.

kady05

A little off topic, but I have to say, Kady, you are rocking that suit! I competed in speech in high school, and we had to wear suits for competition, and I still appreciate a well-fitted and classy suit! I have the hardest time finding suits that fit my body style, I always end up having them tailored. I'm thankful I'm not showing in Conformation right now lol.
Thanks! It's my favorite suit I have. I had to get it tailored a bit because I'm so tiny, but it turned out nice, I think :)

Members online