Chazhound art and photography auction idea

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
we have SO many Chazzers who are extremely talented and I would LOVE the chance to own a painting, printed photograph etc from one of you guys. So here's my idea.

I was wondering if Chazzers would be interested in doing a big auction. Renee had mentioned maybe doing it in September or October to give artists plenty of time to create their submissions for the auction. Plenty of us do paintings, sketches, etc.... Smkie makes her incredible ducks and bowls, etc... we have so many photographers etc.

Renee mentioned a website where you can host an online auction that she's going to look more into for us, but I was thinking we can have a big auction where we can have the opportunity to purchase art from other Chazzers and we can have it set up so that all of the proceeds go towards a rescue of our choice. I was thinking we could all vote on the rescue we choose to send the proceeds to. My vote would be for the canine center in Mexico that Grace helps out at.

Anyways... let me know if you're interested in this idea and if we have enough people interested we can work towards making it happen. If it's a success then maybe we can do this once a year.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
This is a very neat idea. Can't wait to hear what others have to say. At this time, I would definitely be willing to contribute a photo or two. :) I also think the Center where Grace volunteers sounds like a great first 'target'.

milos_mommy

Great idea! Especially since we'll know about in advance, I could probably scrape together some extra money for a piece.

That is a great idea!

Maybe we could choose 3 rescues it could go too, I think it would cause.... issues if it just went to one rescue. Or it could go to a "transport" fund, since Chaz is famous for the transports. Or maybe a vet fund, for when one of our members is having a rough time financially and their dog is sick.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I think it's a GREAT idea, but I can't think of anyone that would want a print of my work. :/

Yea I don't think anyone wants pictures of MY dogs. :p

But, I do have a lovely perennial garden if I do say so myself and in warmer months I can get some lovely pictures of various plants and flowers that might interest some people.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I'd be interested in it, for sure. There's nothing too amazing to photograph in New Brunswick right now with all the icky spring snow/mud, but I'd be able to get something ready, and with all this time I could save up some money.

I am curious about why each "piece" couldn't have it's own donation area. If we had a few people willing to make sure the money from the piece got to the rescue it was supposed to go to, I don't see why that wouldn't work. That way, if say, Amber wanted to support the rescue RD works with, she could, but if I wanted to have what I submits price go towards the East Coast German Shepherd Rescue, I could... ya know?

Either way, I'm pretty interested in it. :)

MPP

petperson
Excellent idea! I have nothing to sell except my body, for which there would probably be no takers, but I'd love to buy something. We have so very many talented people here.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.