Can you put Jello in the freezer?

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
To make it gel faster?

I was seriously craving sweet, and all we had in the house was some jello mix, so I'm making Strawberry Jello (yum! A big comfort food for me!) But it's taking FOREVER. I used the standard recipe (boiling water/cold water), and I know you can use ice cubes in place of the cold water, but I didn't have any ice.

Can it go in the freezer or will that ruin it? I don't think my fridge is very cold...

shazbot

not so newby
You can, I usually put mine in a metal bowl then put it in the freezer or you can fill another bowl with ice and put the bowl of jell-o in there. The metal bowl holds the cold better...make sure you don't leave it in there for too long, ice crystals ruin the consistancy of it.

noludoru

Bored Now.
No. Trust me. It doesn't set right.

Go out to the store and buy a few little packets of it and wait for the batch to set up.

ACooper

If I remember right, there is (or used to be) fast setting instructions.

I think instead of a cup boiling and a cup cold, you used a cup boiling and then ice cubes in place of the cold water. I have done it before and while it doesn't set instantly, it does speed it along :)

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
My vodka jelly always goes in the freezer!!! Add fruit, it's ace... grapes float and strawberries sink, so you have a 2 level effect.

iluvdogs

Mmm ya, we use to make Jello shooters all the time!!...We would mix it up and try different flavors, with different booze..Sooo good.

2BlackDogs

I miss jello shooter! We used to make them all the time. I don't touch vodka though so we use rum. I had a bad experience with vodka one night and the next morning I was too sick to move. No thank you!

zoran

I put jello in the freezer all the time...I take it out before it's totally jelled and whip it with beaters...makes a delicious whipped variety of jello. For birthday parties you can put it in glasses in layers, takes a bi of time though.

Suzzie

Aging Canine Advocate
mmm for christmas mama makes me blackberry jello shots with blackberry rum... very good... but very bad the next day! :)

Members online

No members online now.