Caleb Gets His Angel Wings

MicksMom

I’m not very good with words, especially when I’m upset. So I’m just going to say we lost our dear, sweet Caleb to hemangiosarcoma yesterday. I’m not quite sure what to do with myself right now- Caleb was my “right hand manâ€, so to say. Whatever I wanted to do, he was up for. He loved Rally & Nosework, but was just as happy going swimming, for a hike, to parades, a ride in the truck or just hanging out. And the bank, oh, how he loved going to the bank! The tellers all knew him and knew he had his own treats in the back. Of course, we always went into the bank instead of using the drive thru so he could get extra attention. Then there was his “choresâ€- he would carry socks and dish towels to the laundry, pick up things he found on the floor or I dropped, take out the garbage and recycling and carry his empty water bucket into the house. He decided the day after he came home that he was going to bring the newspaper in. What a sight! A little 10 pound puppy dragging the Sunday paper up the driveway. And who can forget his debut in Rally Advance when he took the jump (second station on the course), then proceeded to buzz the ring (following the path of the course), only to slide to a beautiful front and look up at me with shining eyes and that big, goofy smile as if to say, “OK, Mom, I’m ready to work now.†Embarrassing? Yes. But he had so much fun doing it I laughed all the way home. That was life with Caleb- even when he was being a butt head, he was making me laugh. Thursday nights are going to be awfully quiet without him sitting in “his†corner of the front building at Top Dog waiting his turn to do the Rally course. And lonely, too, without his “expert†help picking up the course.

RIP, my dear, sweet, boy.

URO2 Our Little Caleb Takoda BN RA CGC

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I am so, so sorry. Every post you made, you could just tell how much he meant to you. I haven't been posting much, but I've alreadys read your threads about him and whatever antic he was up to.

Muttkip

LABRADERP!
Omg

I'm so deeply deeply and truly sorry for your loss. I loved Caleb, he was one of my favorite dogs on the forum and in our Lab groups.

May he rest in paradise :(

Rest in peace, Caleb. I'll miss seeing all the photos you post of him in adorable outfits. He was a sweet and well-loved dog.

SpringerLover

I am so sorry for your loss. Caleb always looked so sweet in photos. And I know you loved doing stuff with him.

Rest easy Caleb.

Grab

I'm so sorry for your loss :( It was always so nice seeing the partnership and teamwork you had together

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
From everything that you posted, I knew he was loved, and had a wonderful life with you. It was obivous he meant so much to you, and I bet we thought the same thing. I am not a huge fam of a Laboradors, but he made me love them just a little bit more.

Rest In Peace, Cale. May you guys cross each others pass again. Until then, you'll never be alone, because he'll be watching over you, from rainbow bridge. (((Hugs)))

You'll truly be missed, by so many people here.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Remember all the love & good times you shared. May Caleb be running free with all our loved ones. Hugs

MicksMom

Thank-you everyone. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that my boy is really gone. I guess it will really sink in as I start going places and doing things he always did with me. Tomorrow will be a biggie- I'm going ahead with the rally run thrus I run.

I am so, so sorry. This was too early. I had no idea there was anything wrong.
He'd been a little "off" on & off for a few weeks. Nothing glaring. It could be explained away- food change, maybe the ArthriSoothe was bothering his stomach, he was a little sore from over doing things, etc. He would bounce back after a couple of days (as evident in the picture of him in the red bandanna). Friday evening it was apparent something was wrong when he just laid in the yard when two little kids were here instead of running around and playing with them. Got into the vet first thing Saturday morning.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Thank-you everyone. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that my boy is really gone. I guess it will really sink in as I start going places and doing things he always did with me. Tomorrow will be a biggie- I'm going ahead with the rally run thrus I run.

He'd been a little "off" on & off for a few weeks. Nothing glaring. It could be explained away- food change, maybe the ArthriSoothe was bothering his stomach, he was a little sore from over doing things, etc. He would bounce back after a couple of days (as evident in the picture of him in the red bandanna). Friday evening it was apparent something was wrong when he just laid in the yard when two little kids were here instead of running around and playing with them. Got into the vet first thing Saturday morning.
I'm so, so sorry. I don't even know what to say. (((((HUGS)))))

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I m so sorry. Knowing that the two of you had each other is a small comfort, but it is a comfort. No dog could have a more loving partner. (((((((HUGS and HUGS))))))

Snark

Mutts to you
Missed this earlier, I'm so terribly sorry.

A friend sent me this years ago when I lost Patch.

Where to bury a Dog
...there is one best place to bury a dog. One place that is best of all.
If you bury him in this spot, the secret of which you must
already have, he will come to you when you call -- come
to you over the dim frontiers of death, and down the
well-remembered path, and to your side again. And
though you call a dozen living dogs to heel they shall not
growl at him, nor resent his coming, for he is yours and he
belongs there. People may scoff at you, who see no
lightest blade of grass bent by his footfall, who hear no
whimper pitched too fine for insensitive ears, people who
may never really have loved a dog. Smile at them then, for
you shall know something that is hidden from them, and
which is well worth the knowing. The one best place to
bury a good dog is in the heart of its master.
- Ben Hur Lampman

MicksMom

Missed this earlier, I'm so terribly sorry.

A friend sent me this years ago when I lost Patch.

Where to bury a Dog
...there is one best place to bury a dog. One place that is best of all.
If you bury him in this spot, the secret of which you must
already have, he will come to you when you call -- come
to you over the dim frontiers of death, and down the
well-remembered path, and to your side again. And
though you call a dozen living dogs to heel they shall not
growl at him, nor resent his coming, for he is yours and he
belongs there. People may scoff at you, who see no
lightest blade of grass bent by his footfall, who hear no
whimper pitched too fine for insensitive ears, people who
may never really have loved a dog. Smile at them then, for
you shall know something that is hidden from them, and
which is well worth the knowing. The one best place to
bury a good dog is in the heart of its master.
- Ben Hur Lampman
That is PERFECT! Thank-you!

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I was so sorry to hear about Caleb. He will be greatly missed, not only by you but also by the Chaz and other dog communities.

I'm so sorry it happened so quickly. You have and will continue to be in my thoughts.

Members online

No members online now.