Blind and Deaf Chihuahua in Need

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I really hope that he finds a home. I wish that I were closer... I'd at least foster him until I could find him a forver home :(

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
Once again my family of Chazzers are there when needed. I can not help by taking him but you can call on me to help $$ to get him to a home.

Gosh, I would love to see him with you SeniorPetLover. I would help with $$ to get him to you too.
How far are you from the location that Tessa gave? I so suck at geography.....but it's closer than sending him here.

SeniorPetLover

Rescue Ranger
According to MapQuest...the little guy is approx. 8 hours from me...I'm in Chester IL, which is in Southern IL...Bryan is near the OH/IN border north of Fort Wayne...does the shelter do any transport work or have any transport contacts? If we can get him into the Chicago area, I have contacts that can bring him South.

SeniorPetLover

Rescue Ranger
I know how unlikely it is to find dogs like him a home.. but my heart aches for this one. :(
These are the dogs that touch my heart...they have dedicated the better part of their life being a loving and faithful companion and they wind up in this situation during their golden years when they should be treated like the royalty that they are...this is what inspired me to work with seniors...they make the greatest pets...it doesn't matter if they have 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years, or many years left, they should be the best years of their lives and that is what I strive to do...none of the dogs that cross my threshhold leave me without knowing how truly special and loved that they were...if someone can get this dog to Joliet IL by friday, we can have him picked up and brought to me...one of the shelters that I work with has a transport trip returning...

T

tessa_s212

According to MapQuest...the little guy is approx. 8 hours from me...I'm in Chester IL, which is in Southern IL...Bryan is near the OH/IN border north of Fort Wayne...does the shelter do any transport work or have any transport contacts? If we can get him into the Chicago area, I have contacts that can bring him South.
To my knowledge, they don't do a lot of work with rescues. But I would like to try and change that.

I am calling tomorrow. He is on hold until tomorrow to see if his owner would claim him. If he hasn't been claimed, I'm telling them to call ME if they decide to euthanize him, and I will get him out until someone can come get him.

I'd love to help transport him.. but so far my mom is being incredibly difficult and is not helping. She doesn't care if he is put to sleep.

SeniorPetLover

Rescue Ranger
I have transportation lined up so long as someone could pick him up from the shelter and meet my contact out along the tollway late tomorrow afternoon (thursday)...I will need to confirm this as soon as possible as it is taking a concerted effort. As far as the shelter working with other rescues, it is a wonderful way to find homes for animals that you are having trouble placing in your geographical area...there is a transport that comes through your area from Toledo, so it is very do-able. Please let me know as soon as possible or give me the number for the shelter and I can call them. All I need is someone to get him out to the tollway to catch his ride...

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
Oh I hope you can get him out to the tollway Tessa. Senior pet lover thank you so much for doing this. You are wonderful. My heart is breaking for this little guy. To think he was all that when he was young and now he is just cast off like yesterdays trash. Grr the way people treat animals makes my blood boil !!

I have transportation lined up so long as someone could pick him up from the shelter and meet my contact out along the tollway late tomorrow afternoon (thursday)...I will need to confirm this as soon as possible as it is taking a concerted effort. As far as the shelter working with other rescues, it is a wonderful way to find homes for animals that you are having trouble placing in your geographical area...there is a transport that comes through your area from Toledo, so it is very do-able. Please let me know as soon as possible or give me the number for the shelter and I can call them. All I need is someone to get him out to the tollway to catch his ride...
You're my new hero:hail: :hail: Along with Tessa and Joyce of course:)

I'm praying that this all works out. It would be so nice to know that he's in experienced, loving arms.
How many dogs live with you now?

Tessa - Did any of the local rescue groups reply to you? I posted several, surely someone wanted to help...:(

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
You're my new hero:hail: :hail: Along with Tessa and Joyce of course:)

I'm praying that this all works out. It would be so nice to know that he's in experienced, loving arms.
How many dogs live with you now?

Tessa - Did any of the local rescue groups reply to you? I posted several, surely someone wanted to help...:(
Blushing now. Yea just call me a sap. I am all in there for second chances, third and so on. My love for animals sure out weighs my love for humans.
Seniorpet I too have a new hero and Tessa you too. You guys rock.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Oh that would be great if either of you could take this little guy :) I am with you all, I hate too see senior dogs in shelter...it bearks my heart. :(

SeniorPetLover

Rescue Ranger
How many are living with me right now? Let's see...in my bed each night is KoKo the 10 year old chi that has had luxating patella surgery, cataract removal and lens replacment surgery, then there is Bear, the long haired chi who had a terrible aggression issue which is now completely gone, then there is Snaggles, the senior chi who has had all of his teeth removed and has to be on thyroid medication, there is Junior and he is 8 and has a heart condition, there is Cookie & Taco, who were surrendered to a shelter and adopted out individually, but mourned for each other so terribly that they were returned and eventually reunited here, there is Cheech & Pancho who have a similar story...seems very few people want to adopt a PAIR of old dogs...there is Spike the min-pin, who was terriby abused and has overcome his past to be a happy and healthy ball of love, then there is Sparky who was left in an abandoned trailer for 3 weeks, there is Katie who no longer has any teeth either, there is Buster the Yorkie who has Cushings, there is Sammy the Yorkie who had severe problems due to a head injury...good news, he is fine! There is Big Junior the terrier who has a degenerative spinal condition which requires the manual expression of his bladder...he is the happiest dog and doesn't mind his squeezings 5 times a day...there is Tonka who had been kept in a cage his entire life until coming here...there is Sweetie, the former biter and Sissy, the needy little lady...there is Betty, deserted and left for dead, and Punkin, who had broken bones left to heal without treament causing arthritis requiring medication...so many have come and gone and really touched my life...someday I will get my website online and you will be able to see all of the current and former babies...my hands are always full, there is a waiting list of shelters wanting to send me dogs and I can only take them as space and money permits...nearly every dog requires daily medication or medical procedures in addition to the normal flea/heartworm preventative...it's truly a labor of love...

SeniorPetLover

Rescue Ranger
Good news!!! I have been approved for his adoption...I am awaiting the paperwork via fax and hopefully someone can get him out to the tollway tomorrow afternoon to catch his ride...cross your paws, it looks like he is coming home!

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Good news!!! I have been approved for his adoption...I am awaiting the paperwork via fax and hopefully someone can get him out to the tollway tomorrow afternoon to catch his ride...cross your paws, it looks like he is coming home!
Oh, that's wonderful! *crosses paws* :D I am so excited for this little guy. . .I *so* hope things work out.
You are absolutely wonderful. I admire you and the work you do for these dogs very very much. :)

T

tessa_s212

I called today afterschool as soon as I could. I asked if he was still there. The woman said, "Oh, well.. are you interested in adopting him? A rescue was going to come and get him." I could have burst out yelling and screaming for joy! If I weren't at school at the time, I probably would have cried. I'd been worrying my butt off, this guy on my mind, email replies and emails still waiting to be replied,.. thankyou so much!

ThankYOU for taking a chance on this guy.

Are you still searching for someone that can get him to the next checkpoint? I'd LOVE to get him there.. but I cannot drive,and my mom will have no part in it.

Where exactly would they be needing to take him to? I can post on petfinder forums. There are alot of Ohio rescue people and someone may be able to get him there.

OMG...you just don't know, you really are a rare gem.

If you need any $$ for this wee guy, it sounds like he'll need a dental at the very least, I'm here to help. Gosh I hope that you get him. :)

This is so much better than me trying to ship him anywhere. You're something else!!!:hail:

T

tessa_s212

A few answered. So far all none could take him, though one gave me more emails of other rescues to try and help this guy.

Members online

No members online now.