Baby powder bath

KGQ

Hey! Not sure if you guys already know this one but thought I'd share anyway..

If your dog is in need of a bath but you don’t have the time or energy, well here’s a handy tip for those in between baths for a quick pick-me-up… Take a handful or two (depending on the size of your dog) of baby powder and rub it into his fur. After the powder has settled a bit (may take a few minutes), give your dog a thorough brushing. Voila! – It’s as simple as that, now you have a dog that not only looks clean, but smells great too!

Well I hope you found this helpful! :)

emc

Cool, that's a nice tip! I was wondering though, wouldn't there be any residue from the powder left on the coat?

Kilter

Yup, residue and a chalky feeling. Been there, done that. Tried it with the kiddo.:rolleyes:

Such a cool advice. I think that is helpful if you are too bust to take a bath your dog. But the problem is that maybe there are some side affects to the skin of our dog.

I prefer to take a bath my dog.

Saeleofu

I'm trying to imagine how my black dog would look lol. I think it would be faster to give him a bath.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I tried this with Enzo. Not worth it. It worked on my brothers Boxer and helps keep her feet and armpits from getting icky, but on a coated dog good luck getting all the powder out of their fur.

Saeleofu

I wonder if using a force air dryer to get all the powder off would work on a coated dog...

I blow Logan out between baths because he gets dusty when he's outside, and it blows any dandruff out too.

DGCO

It all depends on the dog's coat.I've found both powders work well on short coats; but the baking powder probably works more effectively on medium to longer coats. (Needs to be brushed through thoroughly, particularly if coming inside afterwards.)

Members online

No members online now.