About to buy a GSD

Also, by the way, we are looking at german lines. Where the dogs acually originally come from. Not american. Also, we mainly just want a family pet. :) cya

bY THE WAY, THE PIC OF THE PUP IM LOOKING AT IS NEXXT 2 MY NAME. IM NOT SURE WHICH ONE IT IS, BUT ITS ONE OF THEM. ONES MALE THE OTHER FEMALE. DO THEY LOOK OK?? OR...

WOOPS, SOZ ITS IN caps. musta been from my last post. :( lol

Fran27

Leaving your dogs outside in the winter? Is a clean house more important to you that your dog's happiness?

I really hope no breeder will ever sell you a dog in those conditions :mad:

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
plus....leaving it out in winter is the worst time for that! It gets cold (depending on where you live) and might snow (again depends on wher you live) all the different illness' the pup can get from being left alone and it isn't making a good connection with your family out there.

Guys, my dogs have the warmest bed. And it DOESNT snow here. I don't know where you guys live, but here it doesn't get that cold. we don't have snow or ice or ahil. nuthing. so why are you guys being like that??? I dont like it. dont post in my thread if your gonna be all mean. we have a warm fire goin sometimes in winter. only if it gets really cold. then he sits in front of it and sleeps. if its a freezing cold night, (ehich is rare) he comes inside. just dont get all like that Fran27 and Lea. OMG! this is my other dog im talking about. im not talking about the pup. the pup will definately b inside in winter. and summer under the cool air-con. do you guys have snow where u come from??? I've neva been in snow. so thats mayb why u guys are upset ova nuthin.

You make your collie live outside in the winter??

Where I am, yes, it does snow. Twenty below is very common - a dog would die living outside in the winter here.
EDIT: A dog would also probably die here living outside full-time in the summer, as it often gets over one hundred degrees.

Fran27

I don't care if it's snowing or if it's 80 degrees, the dog's place is with people inside, not outside. And leaving a dog outside to avoid mud in the house is just lame - why do you even get dogs then?

poeluvr

SandStone_Kennels said:
Guys, my dogs have the warmest bed. And it DOESNT snow here. I don't know where you guys live, but here it doesn't get that cold. we don't have snow or ice or ahil. nuthing. so why are you guys being like that??? I dont like it. dont post in my thread if your gonna be all mean. we have a warm fire goin sometimes in winter. only if it gets really cold. then he sits in front of it and sleeps. if its a freezing cold night, (ehich is rare) he comes inside. just dont get all like that Fran27 and Lea. OMG! this is my other dog im talking about. im not talking about the pup. the pup will definately b inside in winter. and summer under the cool air-con. do you guys have snow where u come from??? I've neva been in snow. so thats mayb why u guys are upset ova nuthin.
well you gotta understand people on this forum come from different countries. we dont know where yoou live. so we assumed it would snow since it snows where we live, and im sure me and fran have never lived in a place where it doesn't snow. We have probably lived with snow all our lives. You should have said what country you were from so we'd understand. I, personally was not trying to be mean, was just thinking you were mean for leaving him in the snow, but now i know. You don't have to get all mad about it, it was a miscommunication. Which often happens on computers.

Fran, just respect other people. OK? some people dont even walk their dogs. Our dogs get walked all the time. They are loved. Stop critising me. Thankyou Lea. I don't live in a country where it snows or where its 80 degrees. And its a border collie not a collie. Fran, you're not the only person here. STOP being mean and selfish. just because your dogs may sleap inside on your beds and eat from the dinner table that doesn't mean everyones dog does. just stop it ok? My dog, not urs. and, think of other dogs that never get walks or.....

leave me alone

Fran27

No Australia isn't very cold either I believe. It's just that I can't imagine leaving a dog outside. Heck, my dog cries if I leave him alone outside 5 minutes :( They are social dogs, they need to be with their owners.. not alone outside :mad:

And you're right, it's not my dogs, I would never treat them that way. Poor dogs :(

yeh, gaddylovesdogs, on the eastern parts of australia it snows. here in broome and perth it doesnt. ok??? get it??? AND ITS NOT YOUR BUSINESS. my dogs get treated very well comapred to other dogs.

yes u did misunderstand me fran. when they are clean and rubbed warm they are allowed back in. u dont want muddy paw prints in ur new house? would u? especially wood floor??

SandStone_Kennels said:
Fran, just respect other people. OK? some people dont even walk their dogs. Our dogs get walked all the time. They are loved. Stop critising me. Thankyou Lea. I don't live in a country where it snows or where its 80 degrees. And its a border collie not a collie. Fran, you're not the only person here. STOP being mean and selfish. just because your dogs may sleap inside on your beds and eat from the dinner table that doesn't mean everyones dog does. just stop it ok? My dog, not urs. and, think of other dogs that never get walks or.....

leave me alone
GEEZ no one was trying to be rude to you, especially not me. I know your dog is a border collie, what is wrong with saying just collie?

yeh, gaddylovesdogs, on the eastern parts of australia it snows. here in broome and perth it doesnt. ok??? get it??? AND ITS NOT YOUR BUSINESS. my dogs get treated very well comapred to other dogs
You posted this here, on a public message board!! You can't expect people just to ignore what you say.

Fran27

Actually i have wood floor and muddy paw prints all the time in my house. I just wait until it's nicer out and I clean (which I need to do today...). Otherwise my dogs would be outside for days...

Members online

No members online now.