So here's what we're doing (I'm copying/pasting, sorry if some of this is redundant):
My friend who originally had him has had him in her home for a couple weeks now. Unfortunately, her landlord has decided that he can't stay there anymore
So, we are scrambling to try to find a foster or adopter for him! Meanwhile, she was laid off from her job and has been unable to afford treatment for his Demodex. He has improved with some holistic remedies, but he does need veterinary care. So, a ChipIn has been created! Any little bit helps, and if you can't donate, pass it around to your friends I can promise that it will be going to his treatment and care.
Bump for Cobia! He is still available, and doing very well! Someone nicely donated a bottle of Ivermectin, so he has started his Demodex treatment. He has a vet appointment scheduled for the 5th to get all checked out.
Cobia went to the vet today. He was pretty stressed about it, but I seriously think he thought we were going to leave him there He calmed down almost immediately after the exam was done and we took him outside to wait.
He did scrape positive for Demodex, which we knew would happen. He's been on Ivermectin for about 10 days now and already looks 10x better than when I saw him last. So, he got more Ivermectin as well as antibiotics. $100 later, he should be feeling a lot better soon!