Chazhound Gallery

scob89

DILLIGAF?
In response to Smike's thread, I dicided to post this.

I think there should be some improvements made to the gallery here, The last time I tried to upload a picture to the gallery I had waited 10 days for it to be approved, after that it still was not approved so I gave up deleted the pic before it was approved so who knows how long it eally takes.

I went to Flickr and uploaded, instantly it was approved and I could post it in a thread.

Instead of having to wait for the pics to be approved, can't they just be instant like on the other photosharing websites?

I know it is to keep the spammers out, but why not just put some restrictions on it. Like as long as a member has 50+ posts the pictures will be instantly approved, or if it is someone that joined chaz to only post pics in the gallery they have to be a member for 30 days before their pics are instantly approved.

I don't know if the gallery has changed much since I last used it, but when I did there was a size restriction of the total album size per member, I'm not sure if it is stull there, but I remember it being too small for a many pics as I have now.

Just throwing an Idea out there.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
ANother thing to add...one person told me they didn't like the photo rating. I don't see where it is really necessary either. SO maybe that can be taken out?

jess2416

Who woulda thought
OT: but kinda on topic since it has to do with pics

I would like to be able to post more than 4 pics per post.. because I know MOST of use have to make 4-5 posts for the pics we post...

but yeah i agree with scob, thats why I never use the gallery

Last edited:

scob89

DILLIGAF?
I agree with you Jess, it would be nice to post more pics in the forum at once.

M

MyHorseMyRules

I wouldn't mind the four pics per post thing if smilies didn't count as pictures. lol

scob89

DILLIGAF?
YEah the Smilies should not really count as pictures at all. For how tiny they are.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
YEah the Smilies should not really count as pictures at all. For how tiny they are.
yep they shouldnt count.. but I think would love to be able to post more than 4 pics a post

scob89

DILLIGAF?
That sounds like a good thing, but it really just depends on if any of the mods go to the gallery to check pictures for approval.

Now that alot of people have stop using it, It would be my guess that most of the mods are used to just going on the fourm, because thats where everyone is.

Plus you would still have to wait for it to be approved, whereas everyone is still used to using photobucket, dropbox and any other site that is still instant. I know anymore, I won't use a image hosting site if it is not instantly approved.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Since i am one of them SCob i will be checking in regularly. Not to worry. THe gallery means a lot to me, i offered.

scob89

DILLIGAF?
I've been trying out Flickr for a long time now, probably 6 or so months and have decided that it is worth the $25 a year for a full account.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scob89/

There is a set on my Photostream labeled Brenna, thats where she will be.

The next paycheck I get is when I will upgrade to a Pro account there.

The gallery here still takes too long I will be sticking with DropBox for posting on the forum and Flickr for sharing photos online.

It doesn't look like anyone is willing to change the gallery so I am not willing to change where I put my photos and files. It really is a shame because the gallery has a TON of potential.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THanks for the info, i will save it for fast access. I agree it does have a ton of potential. Hopefully one day the bugs will be worked out of it.

scob89

DILLIGAF?
I don't think it has been changed at all since I have been here and that been like 5 years ago now.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I tried checking in everytime i came on line. THat is the best i can do.:(

MeatyTreats

Administrator
Thanks to Scob for pointing me to this thread... We will definitely add the gallery to things that need improvements.

Members online

No members online now.