boston/acd

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
Cute but imo I would never want to see these two mixed. because of temperament and drive. I have owned both breeds and do own ACDs now I personally do not like this idea one bit.

~Tucker&Me~

Quite sad :(. I am sure he'll be cute, but I agree with Aussie, not a good mix concerning temp/drive.

Poor little guy :(

~Tucker

daaqa

lurking near the surface
what do you mean? i am not very familiar with either breeds...

Cassiepeia

Chihuahua Mum
Almost looks like a pure (but badly bred) ACD. ;) Although he can't be if that's his parents. LOL What a cutie though. :D

Cass.

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
On the all ACD forum I am on there is an owner of an ACD/Boston terrier cross and she is very cute :) She is only about 30 to 35 lbs and judging by what her owner says she is a very sweet dog. ACD's and Bostons are active by nature so just be prepared to give this breed a good workout and lots of mental and physical stimulation. I wouldn't deter you from adopting a mixed breed just because of what is in it.......Hell, the past two mixed breeds I owned we never new for sure what was in them just took a guess. My Bandit could of had wolf in him for all we knew and we never would have turned him down. I also owned a pitbull, shepard, chow, lab cross who was an incredible dog and very sweet. He was actually attacked by a very sweet golden retriever one day :rolleyes: Like I said I wouldn't persoanlly pass up a mixed breed just because of what it is mixed with as long as you know what you are getting into :)
Here is what the pup could potentially look like !

artcrab

Bt/acd

I am the owner of the Boston Terrier/ACD mix Shanon posted. Buckeye is her name. She weighs 30 pounds and has maintained that weight for over a year. She is very active, but not obnoxious (always on the go). She is playful, loyal, possessive, smart, sensitive to changes in her environment. She is quite cuddly and loving - wherever I am, she is too. I, too, come from the theory of you can't judge a dog by it's breed name(s). Perhaps I just got lucky, but I think it is also in how you raise them.

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
I am the owner of the Boston Terrier/ACD mix Shanon posted. Buckeye is her name. She weighs 30 pounds and has maintained that weight for over a year. She is very active, but not obnoxious (always on the go). She is playful, loyal, possessive, smart, sensitive to changes in her environment. She is quite cuddly and loving - wherever I am, she is too. I, too, come from the theory of you can't judge a dog by it's breed name(s). Perhaps I just got lucky, but I think it is also in how you raise them.
AWW, WELCOME JEN :) !! Another cute pic of Ms. Buckeye! The one I originally posted is my favorite of her!!! So d@mn cute for her own good!

Daaqa, where are you anyways?? LOL! I want to know if you are going for the ACD/BT cross pup.........

daaqa

lurking near the surface
thanks guys for the info. adorable dog, jen!!
probably won't go for the pup now that i have read more about ACDs. sylvie is quite dominant and driven and largely untrained [by her previous owners] and probably needs a squishy-calm-submissive male to balance her out a bit, haha. unless i could have him temperment tested and shown to be the right type, from what you guys have said and from what i have read, it doesn't seem like a high likelyhood. the shelter never replied to me anyway. i emailed to ask if they did distance adoptions.
i am in british columbia, so probably...oh, let's see... 13 hours drive from where the pup is...
now that i have a dog in the house again, i want a puppy!! so i have been spending too much time on petfinder...haha.

Members online