Official--Virgo needs a new home

Zoom

Twin 2.0

Hi, I'm Virgo (or Mollie; I'll answer to both). I need a new home because my old home just didn't have the time or energy for a big girl like me. You can't blame them too much though, I was chosen for them by my foster mom Zoom who thought my wonderfully sweet personality would make up for being bigger than expected.

I'm most likely a purebred Lab, somewhere between 3 and 4 years old, 67 perfect pounds, 24" tall, spayed and up to date on all of my shots. I get along great with other dogs, but I prefer the boys (I like to play rough) and I don't mind cats. I will chase them if they run, but I'm quick to back down and avoid them if they stand up to me. I'm pretty good with kids too, though I don't always watch where I'm going and may knock over some of the littler ones. My old home had a 5 year old girl who loved to lead me around with my leash and run around with me in the backyard. I will even let toddlers crawl all over me, though it's best if we're watched because it's a long way down if I suddenly stand up to move away.

My background includes being a stray for an unknown amount of time and spending 3 months in a local shelter. Neither of us know why, I'm very sweet and willing to please! Zoom thinks it's because I'm a big black dog and we just get passed over more often.

I'm kind of bossy and stubborn, especially with some female dogs and won't back down very quickly if they insist on getting in my face. I probably won't fight, or at least start it, but I will make a lot of noise and scary faces. I work great for treats and just as well for praise, but it takes a few more repitions to get commands to stick. Personally, I think I learn just fine, Zoom has just been spoiled by the darn Aussie of hers.

Some of my loves:
-FOOD
-being brushed
-carrying around my Kong, socks, bones...bras...Zoom doesn't like that one so much
-WATER! I even love baths!
-fetch
-exploring the woods
-Car rides, especially to the bank. They give cookies there!

Some of my dislikes:
-pushy girl dogs (I'm kind of dominant)
-thunderstorms (I just want to hide in my crate or under something until it's over)
-having to walk nicely on a leash. I have long legs and I like to stretch them! I'm learning not to pull, but it's a slow process.
-cameras. I don't like the flash that much.

Things I know:
-sit
-down
-come ("here")
-wait
-stay
-leave it
-go get it (fetch)
-kennel (go to my crate)

My bad habits seem to be limited to getting into the trash any chance I can get and eating anything I find that's on my level. I even had to go the emergency vet one time to get my stomach pumped because I thought rat poison looked yummy. I also sometimes forget my manners and jump up to greet people, but I have a very light touch. I'm working on sitting nicely all the time though! I will fuss at first when put in my crate when people are leaving, but I settle down pretty fast.

I'm located in the Kansas City metro area. If you think you would be a good home for me, contact Zoom either by PM here on Chaz or her email [email protected]. Transportation could be arranged.

(I would love to keep her for myself, but alas, circumstances dictate otherwise)

Barb04

Super Moderator
Zoom, if I didn't already have a female, I'd take her in a heartbeat. I just loved her when I met her. I'll be keeping you both in my thoughts that a good/loving home comes along soon.

Julie

I am back again.
Do you have her back Zoom?
I really hope you find a great home for her...... I know you will. ;)
Wishing you the Best of Luck!

A

Angel Chicken

Oh Zoom... I would love to have her.

If Kona wasn't so damned shy and intimidated towards bigger dogs, I would take her in a heartbeat, and even drive to Kansas to get her myself.

Melissa_W

I would love to have her Zoom. But we already have a foster, so we have a full house. I really feel for the large black dogs. It's so hard to re-home them. I really hope that she finds the home she deserves soon.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
This thread is a few months old, I've made a couple others since then. But the fact remains the same...

Barb04

Super Moderator
Zoom, I just don't understand why someone doesn't want Virgo. She's a darling!

Members online

No members online now.