The Poodle boys

Doberluv

Little Maurice, all 3 lbs, 15 oz of him sitting on my kitchen table after being brushed. He's growing up and such a little doll.

Oh, you want me to face the camera. Oh all right...always amin' to please.

Matisse at a show in Sequim Wa. This was a little walk we took around the place when it wasn't show time. He's coming along nicely with only one more major and about 8 more points for his grand Ch.

He's my super energizer bunny, very trainable and quick to catch onto new things...very quick and enthusiastic. He's bigger than Maurice, at just under 6 lbs and taller. Maurice is my laid back one but the barkier one. Funny how I ended up with two opposites in that department...each from different litters. They're both 19 months old now and still very much puppies.

He's bored here. He just had his daily ritual of brushing and re-banding his hair. It makes him tired and he often dozes while I'm grooming him. Now, he says he's finished and wants to get off the table. This has been long enough. It is a chore going through that show coat to make sure there aren't any tangles that don't get brushed/combed out... and it's quite over grown in this picture. It's time for a hair cut.

Hope you enjoyed seeing my most recent additions. Jose` is still with me, though, as some of you know, I lost my little Chulita last Feb. He is quite tolerant of the Poodles, although sometimes they get on his nerves, wanting to play all the time. He's an old man and really isn't that into them.

Doberluv

Thanks you guys. They are pretty special little dogs...really different from any breed I've had before in that they have a smidgen of an independent side to them...not too marked, but it's there lurking in the back ground nonetheless. In a few funny little ways, they remind me of my Doberman. Matisse, at any rate is intense, high drive, high energy, goofy as can be. They're both very interested in learning and both pretty velcro. If I leave the room, they're on my heels but may not stay with me the entire time I'm busying myself in another room. They'll come and go depending on what's interesting to them at the time.

Matisse has a very noticeable soft, sensitive side. He can get his feelings hurt very easily. He will feel sad sometimes and I'll pick him up and he'll just press his little head down on my shoulder for a few minutes, then he's ready to get down and play, play, play. lol. He has trouble settling on my lap for more than a few seconds, as there's always something he needs to do. But he is focused and excels in the show ring...very much the show-off and a gorgeous gait. They're both well socialized, friendly and outgoing with everyone and get along great with other dogs.

Maurice is the opposite of the busy body, Matisse... and will sit on anyone's lap for as long as they wish. He's so content to just chill. Matisse might appear to people who don't know him to be the tougher one of the two because Maurice is so demur and so much calmer. But Maurice is actually less sensitive I think. He's not hard by any means...really very endearing and gentle but he just seems a little less emotional or less inclined to demonstrate it. Matisse will back down if Maurice hollers at him about a toy or his food or something. They get along quite well but occasionally have a sibling-like squabble that only lasts a couple seconds.

So, that describes this breed as far as my own individuals go. They're the first Poodles I ever had and if anyone would have asked me when I was around 20 what breed I'd never own, I would have said, "A Poodle." :rofl1: I'm really glad I've changed my tune because they're a kick, so loving and darling.

Members online

No members online now.