Auggie's BD leg

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
And I mean Bad Dog leg.

What a BRAT. I'm told his heel was wonderful, to which I replied "Except for that time he was ON THE WRONG SIDE." I took a right turn and he decided to skirt around and was on my right side instead. Of course I was halfway across the ring before I realized. And there was a halt in the middle there and I stopped and he sat like three feet from me. :rolleyes: When we got to the other side of the ring and did an about turn, I told him "HEEL" again and he got back where he needed to be. I don't know how he got on the wrong side. They told me he was watching me the entire time but I think he must have taken his eyes off me when I turned and that's how he ended up on the wrong side.

But he totally blew it with the stand for exam. For one thing, I stood him and said "ST-" and before I could get out "-AY" he was sitting down. $%&&(%@*%. So I stood him up again and this time he stayed standing. When the judge touched his head he was fine, but when she went for his back, he danced over to the side. And when I went back towards him, he was dancing in a circle or something. I could have killed him.

And then of course I went in for the group sits and downs which was a complete waste of time anyway since we already NQ'd, and he was doing fine with his sit-stay until the dog next to him got up and started wandering the ring. He got up and FOLLOWED her, nose glued to her butt. ($&@*(*($&@&$@ HORNBALL. Sooooo we didn't even get to see how many times he might have rolled over in the down-stays. :rolleyes:

Ugh.

I think Auggie finds the game very, very lame. We pulled up to the club and he went nuts because he's done agility there before... so then he was basically let down that he didn't get to do anything very fun. I was hoping he'd get into it, but he really only seems to find heeling interesting. Everything else is Dull City.

elegy

overdogged
lol i ended up with luce on the wrong side of me during the figure 8 in one of our st. hubert's trials. whoops!

SFE is hard for a lot of herding dogs. it's a lot of pressure. i'm thinking that's gonna be a loooong process with steve.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Yeah, I figured the SFE would be the worst for him. He doesn't even like me going right over his head. It kills me that he was fine with her touching his head, but when she went for his BACK, that's when he decided to dance away... argh!
I really just need to somehow get total strangers to spend a good ten-fifteen minutes with me getting him used to it. I worked more on it tonight and made my mom go up to him but again, he knows her... it's just different with a complete stranger. I may have to enter an obedience class with him again just to use other people and make them all pet my dog while he stands. =P

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Brat, Part 2:
Today he wanted to greet the judge for the SFE. Stupid stupid stupid overly friendly dog! At least he stood still when I walked back to him this time instead of doing a stupid circle dance.
Also Auggie thinks calling to front and then going to finish is stupid and he would rather just do it all the first time. Which is ANNOYING because I NEVER call him to heel position, it's ALWAYS to front. Dumb dog has the game figured out and wants to play by his own rules.
He checked out on me two seconds before the long sit was done. He literally got up and the judge said "return to your dogs" immediately after. AAAAAUGH. So again, we didn't get to find out if he was indeed going to start rolling over during the long downs.

I can't decide if he thinks this game is stupid and if I should not play it anymore, or if I should just keep at it and try again in a few months. I wonder if part of the problem is we're at the same site we've done agility at for years. We pull in and he flips out thinking we get to play agility, and then we go do a one minute sit stay instead. If I were Auggie, I'd feel ripped off, too.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
So i thought this was really funny...

I was at the dog show this weekend, and just finished watching the herding group when a lady with three shelties walked past me going "you are all bad bad bad dogs!" and they were just a smiling up at her looking absolutely pleased with themselves.

It made me think of Auggie :)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I was at the dog show this weekend, and just finished watching the herding group when a lady with three shelties walked past me going "you are all bad bad bad dogs!" and they were just a smiling up at her looking absolutely pleased with themselves.

It made me think of Auggie :)
*snort!*
Yes, yes... that is very much what it's like for me and Auggie, LMAO.

I stopped to get Auggie food today and his breeder's husband asked me how it went, so I told him. He said he already heard a bit of it. The girl that was there with me had been in, and he asked her how Auggie did, and her response was apparently, "Well....... Auggie had an audience, as usual!" Dear Lord. LOL.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Ummmm okay you were so the dog next to us all weekend lol. I didn't realize that was you at all...not the one that moved but the Flatcoat on the other side lolol

Anyway I didn't see your run on Saturday but he looked really nice on Sunday. Too bad about the group exercises :(

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
WHAT?! LMAO... doesn't that make TWO trials we've been at together and have failed to meet?? Now I have to ask how you didn't know the BAD LITTLE SHELTIE in the ring was mine, LOL.

It's good to know he looked good even though he's a bad dog, LOL. Thanks!
Will you be coming here for agility in the spring? I'll only be at that trial on Sunday because Saturday I'll be running a half-marathon, but maybe we can actually ID each other this time, LOL.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Actually I think we know the same person. Well sorta know...the girl with the PWD? I was talking to her at the end of the trial then you (I think you...trying to remember who was standing next to me during the group sits) came up to talk to her as I was heading out to pack up and go home...

Anyway, I was at the spring trial last year...it was actually our first AKC trial as my two agility dogs are both mix breeds and it was the first one they were eligible for. My third dog, the Flatcoat I had at the obedience trial, is too young.

So yeah I hope to be there this spring as well. It's a nice trial! We've only trialed once since the one back in Sept that you and I both attended without knowing it lol. Trials that permit mixed breeds are astonishingly infrequent...:madgo:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Yes! I was going to ask if that was you that got your title. The girl with the PWD trains with Auggie's breeder, that's how we know each other! So we even TALKED to each other without recognizing it, LMAO. That is too funny.

We'll meet up sometime and know who we're talking to. ;D

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Yup, the baby girl got her CD :) And yes, we'll have to actually meet next spring at the agility trial if we don't run into each other beforehand! lol. Too funny though. I even saw your post about going to a obedience trial beforehand and wondered if it was the same one, but forgot ALL about it when at the actual event...had other things on my mind!

Members online

No members online now.