Aquarium lighting help please!

Picklepaige

Active Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
1,802
Likes
0
Points
36
Location
Mississippi
#1
I have a fluorescent bulb for my 10 gallon aquarium, and I've only had it about 6 months. The past three or so months the light has been wacky, either not turning on at all or turning on 10 minutes after I pressed the button. When I tried to turn it on today, it "zapped" and started smoking.

I unplugged it, should it be safe? What caused it to do this? How do I not ruin my next bulb?
 

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
Joined
Jun 2, 2012
Messages
770
Likes
0
Points
0
Location
Wisconsin
#2
I would toss it and buy a new fixture. Sparking and smoking are not things I would feel safe having plugged in. Could be something as simple as poor wiring.
 
Top