yorkie

1. AlterJ

How can i thin out a yorkies hair?

Hello! I have two biewer yorkies. I shave their backs and bellies and leave their legs longer. I'd like to thin their leg hair out to help prevent matting and make them look better. What would be the best way to do that? I have thinning shears, but was wondering how to use them right and if...
  2. Lilyharmony

Yorkie Training Advice?

New to the forum, but I've been poking around for a while. :) So, I'll cut to the chase. My mother recently passed away, and as a single child, I pretty much received everything.. including my mother's two Yorkies, Chaz and Zuzu. Long story short, they're extremely poorly trained. My mother...
  3. M

Leash training

Hi everyone. Here is my story: I just brought home a beautiful 6 month old yorkie from a reputable breeder, she is healthy and very smart. My problem is that she REFUSES to move once the leash is on. She sits down and will not move. she loves to play, is very active and has not made a single...
  4. M

Silky or Yorkie?

7 months ago we bought a yorkie puppy from an unknown breeder and called him Rufus. After realizing how big Rufus has become we did some research. We found out that he is a little too big for a yorkshire terrier and that he might be a silky terrier. The silky terrier looks a lot like a yorkie...
  5. B

Best affordable food for a puppy?

I have recently adopted a little 3 pound puppy (half yorkie, chihua). I am confused about food. I hear purina from so many people, yet it is full of corn. Can they have ANY cat food, is canned ok? What protein or ash content is acceptable? (Kirkland cat has chicken and rice have a large bag)...
  6. J

Some pics of my 4 babies

Hi all. I will present my babies in the order in which I got them. The first is Penny... a larger chi at about 9 pounds.... she has such the personality!! So, she actually smiled for this picture..... :rofl1: The next one is Buck(y), Penny's first live-born son. He is such a...
  7. J

Technically NOT new, but really am :)

Hi all. I actually joined this forum in 2006, so my account page tells me. I must not have saved it to my bookmarks and totally lost track of it. Anyway, I have four dogs now (no more, I tell you, No MOre! LOL) My oldest is a yorkie named Toto, 8 years old, born Oct 8, 2000, who I...
  8. J

I did a single rescue myself, 3 states away....

Hi all. I haven't been to this forum in a very, very long time. My old computor died, and I lost all my bookmarks. Anyway, I would love to tell you this story, and also set forth a challenge. There is a pet forum that was designed to tell stories, boast and brag about your pets, etc...
  9. Tiny teacup Yorkshire terrier (Yorkie) puppy

Tiny teacup Yorkshire terrier (Yorkie) puppy

One of the smallest and cutest one we ever had.