obedience

1. C

Can Bratty Teenagers Un-do Dog's Training?

I trained my first two dogs when my kids were teeny. Now I'm working with an 18-month-old rescue, Corky, and my kids are all teenagers. I've noticed that the dog will break many of his basic obedience rules with our teenaged son, Matt. Corky will jump on Matt's bed without waiting to be invited...
  2. C

Food is not a reward

I need some tips for training a one-year-old rescued foster dog who seems not to respond to food. He is very attention-deficit and easily distracted. We are trying to work on heeling and other basic obedience, but food is not an incentive for this dog. We've tried a variety of dog treats...
  3. Alimel

I am Stumped

Lola is in basic obedience classes at Petsmart. Tonight's class was about jumping on people when they approach your dog and how to properly introduce dogs to each other. I have been waiting for this class as Lola is a jumper, no one can walk up and pet her, she lunges and jumps when people...
  4. Alimel

Getting Your Dog's Attention

How do I get Lola's attention when we are at the dog park? She totally ignored me as if she suddenly forgot her name. :rolleyes: I need help with this as once her mind is on something, she does not listen. I had to chase her down and leash her and even then she parked her butt down on the ground...
  5. SharkBait

Tips on keeping focus on me, not dogs etc.? For test on Thurs!

Matisse will be doing an obedience test involving a number of different obedience and general good behaviour exercises this Thursday night, so that maybe he can achieve his Bronze, good citizen award! woohoo! But really i'm nervous... :( [Matisse is 10 months old now, and i think the youngest...