Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 08-24-2005, 08:51 AM
Love my pets

Irish, I'm so sorry to hear the news. I'm crying thinking about what you're going through with Jake. She must be such a special cat and member of the family. We took our lab home and stayed up 24 hours with her before we took her back to the vet and had to say goodbye to her. Kitty hugs & kisses to Jake. Always know Jake will be in your hearts forever and that you gave her lots of love like she gave back to you. Your life will not be the same without her, but she provided lots of love and joy for all the years she was with you.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:03 AM
Top Dog

Irish, I feel so sad for you and Jake. I had to say goodbye to my darling Jessie 2 months ago, she was with me for 14 years, and I also had her back for one day before we had to take her to the vet on the Monday to say our final goodbyes. I feel so sad even as I am typing my eyes are running. You will always hold her in your heart and she will always be a part of you.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:10 PM
Love my pets

Frenchboxer, I want to say how sorry I am to hear about your Jessie. May she always live on in your heart.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:17 PM
Top Dog

Thank you all so much. Hopefully, I will be able to bring her home tomorrow. I want her to have her last days in her home, in her own bed with me, on her own windowsill to sun herself. She was and is my joy. She used to drive me crazy sometimes; she loved socks and taught herself to open all the dresser drawers. Then she would parade through the house with a sock in her mouth, meowing so loud you'd think she had a megaphone! I would come home from a hard days work, many a time, to find my once clean home, draped in socks from one end to the other!

Frenchboxer, I also want to say I'm so sorry for the loss of your Jessie. And Barb, sorry for the loss of your lab. It is so hard sometimes, but its well worth the sorrow, for the joy they give us. Thanks again for your kind words.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Felurian

Oh, Irish. You're doing the right thing, to bring Jake home. I'm sitting here crying with you. Too many memories . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-24-2005, 11:41 PM
Jerk.

Its good your going to spend her last few days with her, good for both of you.

My cat Cineli only made it to 8, died the day before I arrived in NC for Chistmas, his sister La Vi Claire never saw 2, my old cat my parents cat Dana 300 is 10 this year, Erp is allmost 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 08-25-2005, 02:27 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb04
Frenchboxer, I want to say how sorry I am to hear about your Jessie. May she always live on in your heart.
Thanks Barb. She does live on in our hearts, and I swear, I sometimes still hear some of the funny little noises she used to make, almost as if she is letting me know she is still here with us. I know that all of you who have lost a beloved pet will know what I mean.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:12 AM
Top Dog

We had to PTS one of the cats in December My husband was in classes all day so I couldn't even reach him, and around 10am the cat started making the worst noise you could imagine, a cry of pain, the cat wouldn't move, he peed on himself... He kept doing it for 4 hours until my husband finally called (it was his cat, but I was going to go to the vet with or without him at 3pm anyway), he came home as soon as he could, and the vet told us he had a big tumor in his belly and we should have him PTS - which was definitely what I thought we would have to do, he seemed in so much pain...
Old 08-25-2005, 10:58 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchboxer
Thanks Barb. She does live on in our hearts, and I swear, I sometimes still hear some of the funny little noises she used to make, almost as if she is letting me know she is still here with us. I know that all of you who have lost a beloved pet will know what I mean.
There's an old belief that a cat will 'haunt' it's home for the remainder of what would have been it's natural life . . . I know I've seen and heard Gulliver and CJ and Gonzo after they passed.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-25-2005, 11:08 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
There's an old belief that a cat will 'haunt' it's home for the remainder of what would have been it's natural life . . . I know I've seen and heard Gulliver and CJ and Gonzo after they passed.
I find that a very real comfort, and it makes me want to stay on in this house forever, just to feel the presence.