Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddylovesdogs
A lot of people here are in a rush or old, and I'll stop to say hello and talk for a few minutes, then I'll say bye and walk away. They don't seem too offended, actually they seem pleased that a kid my age stops to say hello to someone their age.
A lot of Asian people do not like dogs - many view them as dirty - not all, but many do.
most smile when they see my pup, but I have seen two that completely ignored him... thank god, I hate getting in those stupid conversations
Old 08-22-2005, 06:33 PM
no touchy

LOL we have a family friend, and one day her mother brother her youngest daughter to go look at puppies. When she came home, she said, "Oooh, Mom! They had the cutest little bagels!!"
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:34 PM
Top Dog

Think about it as good for his socialization
Old 08-22-2005, 06:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by beagle_lovergirl
Everyone's like "Look, it's a bagel !(yes, they say bagel which cracks me up!) Ooooo you're soooooo cuuuuuteeeeeee you little wittle baaaaabyyyyyy! Ooooooo I want to take you home with meeeeeeee! Oh my god she's tooooooooo adorable.
The person I met was like "I can't take you, I know you want me, but I can't take you" in some freaky voice I was thinkin "oKAAAAAYYYY... you're a freak" lol
Old 08-22-2005, 06:35 PM
Top Dog

LOL that's bad.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie1234
They always do all that baby talk and petting with Cooper, this time this woman sounded like she was gonna have an orgasm or something.
LOL!!! Better than the alternative! (where they're nasty to you). Might say next time to avoid it "Sorry, we're working on biting issues right now"... Lol...
Old 08-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliNHunter
LOL!!! Better than the alternative! (where they're nasty to you). Might say next time to avoid it "Sorry, we're working on biting issues right now"... Lol...
LOL, the funny thing is Cooper WAS biting her
Old 08-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie1234
LOL, the funny thing is Cooper WAS biting her
LOLOLOL!!! Maybe that ROCKED her WORLD!!
Old 08-22-2005, 06:43 PM
Show Dog

We had that with Penny ALL the time in the beginning lol. People always wanted to pet her. But it is indeed really good socialization. Penny is a Sheltie who often REALLY shy and don't like strangers however because she's seen so many people and been pet so many times when she was little she is now the most outgoing sheltie our vet has ever seen. She will actually try to stop people on the street so they pet her instead of the other way around lol.

One thing I always did dislike was when kids would want to pet her but she'd be a little hyper and jump around and do her little puppy biting thing (lets face it dont' they all...) and then the kids would freak out and go back to their mom's whispering the dog bit them.... while I warned them before hand I dont have that under controle yet... that got really annoying.

Now she's almost six months and not as many people stop us on the street, so just hang in there it will get less with time!

Thanks to Keyodie!
Old 08-22-2005, 07:20 PM
Top Dog

Never ad that problem. Noone's been able to get close enough to Peanut to comment on her. She goes ballistic if anyone tries to touch her or gets too close to me.