Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 05-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Big Dog

Default New puppy breeds guess?

So we got a new puppy, her name is Lucy. Her mom was a stray that had a litter which was brought to the animal shelter. I only saw her brother and he looked pretty similar to her, just heavier boned, bigger head.

She has a very petite feminine face. Looks quite a bit like our border collie/samoyed mix. Her ears look golden retriever-ish, wavy hair and seem way too big for her. Her hair is short on her paws, like a retriver and webbed. Body hair is just under a couple inches long and fluffy and straight. Heavier scruff at her neck. She carries her tail up when she is alert.

Sometimes I see maybe german shepherd in her, retriever, border collie. What do you think? I don't know how to post a picture on here but her is my album:she is the black puppy obviously.

Pictures by windsweptrodents - Photobucket

Owned by: Faris a BorderCollie/Samoyed mix, Lucy a mixed breed, and Pearl the cavie

Old 05-24-2009, 09:35 PM
Top Dog

Aww, I have a shelter mutt named Lucy too

No real guesses from me (sorry!) but she's awful darn cute! And man, she looks so fuzzy!

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 05-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Top Dog

She could be anything , but she's cute !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 05-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Top Dog

Aww, what a cutie! I'm not sure how popular they are by you, but she could be a Flatcoated Retriever mix. Since Flatcoats aren't all that popular, tho, she most likely has some Lab and Golden Retriever in her. Could be something else, too.

flatcoated retriever - Google Image Search
Old 05-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Twin 2.0

She's probably some sort of Golden mix. Golden's are actually genetically black in color, just with a modifier that allows the golden color to be expressed. When you cross a Golden with something else that has a predominant black color marker, that's the color that will show, so most golden mixes are actually black. So I'd probably say "golden/lab" mix. It's sort of hard to tell at this age.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:38 AM
Top Dog

I think she is a lab/chessapeak cross. She is a cute little thing for sure.

People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:31 PM
Hylen's Bodacious Big Boy

The two pups I had before Bodi were brothers, "Fish" and "Chips" - they were Flat Coats. Your puppy looks EXACTLY like they did as furbabies. I will try to find a picture.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Big Dog

I was thinking flatcoat yesterday also, but most likely not since they are not too common around here. Just a good 'ol mongrel. I'll post as she gets bigger. Such a sweet puppy she is.

Owned by: Faris a BorderCollie/Samoyed mix, Lucy a mixed breed, and Pearl the cavie

Old 08-16-2009, 08:59 AM
Big Dog

Here she is about 4 1/2 months. So small! I am surprised only 19 pounds here, quite thin but eats well. Her body is so long. Legs very petite, fluffy ears, cutey pie.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:51 AM
ACoops favorite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
She's probably some sort of Golden mix. Golden's are actually genetically black in color, just with a modifier that allows the golden color to be expressed. When you cross a Golden with something else that has a predominant black color marker, that's the color that will show, so most golden mixes are actually black. So I'd probably say "golden/lab" mix. It's sort of hard to tell at this age.
Huh. Learn something new every day. That's neat!