Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 12-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Big Dog

Forgot to add this but as for Daddy being shutdown - I don't know, I've seen him happy on plenty of occasions, he looks more like he's in a work mode to me when he's on house calls with Cesar. When the show brings you to Cesar's place I always notice Daddy rolling around in the background =p.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gguevara View Post
---

I'm all for positive training but you can't deny the number of dogs Millan has helped. I hope one day he decides to change his methods, but he has helped a lot of people and dogs and it's not right to condemn the man just because he uses some older techniques. I believe he genuinely loves dogs and wants to help them, he just uses different methods then some of you.
Seriously, people act like he's the anti-Christ of the dog world or something.

How many dogs has he helped? Especially when you figure how many he has hurt. (directly and indirectly) I cannot tell you how many times I have had clients beside themselves when they come to me because their dog has escalated from normal obnoxious puppy behaviour to dangerous 'deviant' dog behaviour following CM's methods.

I have seen first hand what trying to 'dominate' a suspicious dog can do. Its not pretty and often leads to the dog on death row. Personally I think more dogs are lost because of his show than those that are saved.

I do agree he loves dogs. And I agree he is charming and a great TV personality. But none of these things means he is actually good at training dogs, or is in anyway a good role model for dog owners.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:52 PM
Top Dog

as a past Cesar worshiper I can say his show made me less scared of Pit bulls, but not for a second did I feel the need to rush out and get one.

I think anyone who has a sugar coated view of the dogs is much more influenced by the people around them than tv.

I find it humorous that i still catch glimpses of Daddy pulling on his leash in many episodes....
Old 12-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Remembering Casey ♥

Yea, My mom used to hate pitts and everything about them, as a kid she told me to stay away from the one down the road because it would bite me and lock its jaws.

we watch cesar all the time now and she no longer thinks of them like that. She see's them as a "normal" dog that need educated owners.

She even tells people now that there ar no bad dogs, or bad breeds of dogs, just bad owners..

So yes, I do like cesar and what he has done for pitbulls. I like cesar as a person and Ive noticed a change in some of his training techniques as the showhas progressed. He has been using a little more positive reinforcment in the more recent shows and has even recommended people try doing agility and such to raise their dogs confidance and the bond between dog and owner. I honeslty cant remember the last time ive watched cesar do a alpha roll on a dog. Of course i still know he isnt perfect and some of his techniques still do suck. But there are far worse things going on in this world regards to "training".
Old 12-02-2009, 09:33 PM
feel the magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by miakoda View Post
daddy is a "pit bull", but by no means is he a true american pit bull terrier. He's an american bully with truly who knows what breeds in his genetic makeup as ambullies are mixed breed dogs that can include, but not solely include, the apbt, ast, english bulldog, dogue de bordeaux, neo mastiff, american bulldog and whatever else the breed-for-looks people want to throw into the mix.

What has ceasar done for "pit bulls" besides shoving it down people's throats that you can indeed train the dog aggression out of these dogs? The day i train the da out of tar baby will be the day i train his white coat color off of him as well. Or maybe i should train his black nose color off while i'm at it.

Doing a little bit of good accompanied by a large amount of harm and spewing loads of misinformation doesn't equate to doing right by these dogs. We need people to educate and be educated truthfully.....not be told of rainbows and unicorns.
a-freakin-men.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:51 PM
feel the magic

I know my dog doesn't live with unicorns and under rainbows when it comes to other dogs.
And I'll be the FIRST to tell people the misconception lies A.) breed identification (most people do not know a REAL APBT from a mix, and when you calculate a "mix" into the "mixture" god knows WHAT characteristics from whatever breed the dog acts on) B. with pit bulls vs. humans. C. there's a difference between human aggression and dog aggression.<---This is one thing I find the general public has the most difficult time grasping.
Whenever I read about pit bulls and aggression (just aggression, not specified) it makes me cringe and want to pull my hair out.

People just do not seem to get that there are different types of aggression.
And it makes me wanna scream profanities at them.
But I don't.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbecca View Post
I know my dog doesn't live with unicorns and under rainbows when it comes to other dogs.
So do I understand you correctly....to be a "true" APBT they have to be DA? Do you really believe that?
Old 12-03-2009, 08:49 AM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

alright my turn!

I own many seasons of the dog whisperer. I do not see Daddy being shut down. I would love for someone to point me out a time he seems shut down.

and there are LOTS worse people out there than Cesar.

I do not agree with most of his training methoods, and I do see dogs shut down on his show on occasion. but Cesar is not the devil.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:21 AM
feel the magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amstaffer View Post
So do I understand you correctly....to be a "true" APBT they have to be DA? Do you really believe that?
Whoa...
Uh, did I say that???

Where in your quote did I say that?
Where did I say that, period??

WTF. Why are you twisting my words, making up something I never said, and picking out a quote from me (who NEVER quoted you to begin with)?
Old 12-03-2009, 09:47 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gguevara View Post
Assuming someone is uneducated simply because they like Cesar Millan is a little insolent.
Do me a favour and point out where I suggested that she was uneducated?
I don't know how to overhaul and engine, I could educate myself how to, but I assure you, I am highly educated, just not on that topic.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/