Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 11-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Top Dog

So to sum it up....anyone who thinks Pit Bulls can be normal dogs is riding unicorns? For a dog to be a real APBT they have to be DA and can't be trusted around other dogs?

Well I know different. Some Pit Bulls (and yes APBTs) can be trustworthy around everything...are all of them? No of course not. I don't think he ever says that.

Its clear that some people hate him intensely and regardless of what he does it will be bad. He could invent the cure to cancer and you would be writing about all the poor cancer cells that would be dying.

I want good press for my dogs. Sal and many like him are wonderfully friendly dogs. There are plenty of people who are telling everyone that Pit Bulls are child killing slaughter monsters and if someone is pointing out that some aren't then I'll applaud that regardless of who it is.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Just try me..

I can't speak for others. But I don't hate him. I do think he cares about dogs. I HAVE heard so many pit bull haters refer to him, saying you need to be a pro like him to own them, so it is a good thing they are banned.

I did see the episode where he lets a very agitated pit bull with a history of dog aggression start a fight with other dogs. He wasn't prepared to break up the fight either.

Those things have nothing to do with what I think of his training methods.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
I can't speak for others. But I don't hate him. I do think he cares about dogs. I HAVE heard so many pit bull haters refer to him, saying you need to be a pro like him to own them, so it is a good thing they are banned.

I did see the episode where he lets a very agitated pit bull with a history of dog aggression start a fight with other dogs. He wasn't prepared to break up the fight either.

Those things have nothing to do with what I think of his training methods.
I never said he wasn't a dipsh#t
Old 11-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Top Dog

I met the nicest friendliest pit bull today in Petsmart..(I am not a breed racist to begin with),,,If this boy was loose on the streets, I'm sure someone would think he was a menace or fighting dog.

Why? He was pretty darn large, built like a brick house, not very clean looking, however, his wagging tail showed his true colors)...I admit it, I attract 'dogs',,and this boy was pulling his owner for me to pet him, of course i obliged))

I felt kinda of sad for both him and his owner who'd looked liked they had seen better days..(( but it was nice to see such a friendly pit having a great day shopping at petsmart ))
Old 12-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Top Dog

Oh yes, Amstaff. I expect all true APBTs to vicious, out-of-control puppy and kitty eaters.

Seriously, it's amazing how you pick and choose the words in a post, rearrange them, and decide that's what you want to get out of it.

What's frightening is your "it's all in how you raise them" and "if you're dog is DA, you're not a good trainer now are you?" mentality.

You supposedly love a breed of dog you think needs to be changed and overhauled. That's not love....not even the loosest definition of the word.

As far as good press, that's all I put out there for these dogs. I find your under-the-table accusations and assumptions quite laughable at times because you deem people like me to be the ones who love the horrific image that "pit bulls" have and only people like you care.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
Oh yes, Amstaff. I expect all true APBTs to vicious, out-of-control puppy and kitty eaters.

Seriously, it's amazing how you pick and choose the words in a post, rearrange them, and decide that's what you want to get out of it.

What's frightening is your "it's all in how you raise them" and "if you're dog is DA, you're not a good trainer now are you?" mentality.

You supposedly love a breed of dog you think needs to be changed and overhauled. That's not love....not even the loosest definition of the word.

As far as good press, that's all I put out there for these dogs. I find your under-the-table accusations and assumptions quite laughable at times because you deem people like me to be the ones who love the horrific image that "pit bulls" have and only people like you care.
Wow....I think someone is projecting a lot of their past experiences and interactions on me.

I never said if your dog is DA that you are a bad trainer or even a bad dog owner. Not sure where you got that from....I do think that people can take DA dogs and train them to be controllable and functional is a modern day society. Can you take them to the dog park off leash...of course not.

because you deem people like me to be the ones who love the horrific image that "pit bulls" have and only people like you care.
Not sure were you get that, I think the idiots who use them as four legged bling and penis extensions are the problem. I do however have a problem with the idea that anyone who believes that Pit Bulls are anything outside of your view of them is naive or a "Breed Trader". I don't think you are "The Problem" but I do think your view of the Pit Bull is narrow and limited. Whether you like it or not your idea of what the "pit bull" is, is not all encompassing.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:05 AM
Puppy Dog

I love Daddy.~***9829; And I love Cesar and his work. The day that Daddy goes to the bridge will be a sad day, at least for me.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:39 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiba Rawr View Post
I love Daddy.~***9829; And I love Cesar and his work. The day that Daddy goes to the bridge will be a sad day, at least for me.
Oh dear lord! I hope that you spend some time educating yourself of positive training. Please read The Power of Positive Training by Pat Miller. Please please please!

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 12-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
Oh dear lord! I hope that you spend some time educating yourself of positive training. Please read The Power of Positive Training by Pat Miller. Please please please!
Assuming someone is uneducated simply because they like Cesar Millan is a little insolent.

---

Do some of you really think Cesar Millan sugarcoats Pit bulls? He refers to them as one of the "power" breeds and gladiators, come on.

---

I'm all for positive training but you can't deny the number of dogs Millan has helped. I hope one day he decides to change his methods, but he has helped a lot of people and dogs and it's not right to condemn the man just because he uses some older techniques. I believe he genuinely loves dogs and wants to help them, he just uses different methods then some of you.
Seriously, people act like he's the anti-Christ of the dog world or something.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Active Pup

Although I don't agree with some of Cesar's methods I do think he genuinely loves dogs and after watching many episodes of the Dog Whisperer, I think he has some good skills as well. I like seeing him interact with his pack, especially when he is throwing the ball for a load of them to chase, or when they are jumping in his pool enjoying themselves.

And as for the pitbulls, should he stop showing them on camera? As Gguerava said, he doesn't sugercoat them and refers to them (and other breeds such as rottweilers) as power breeds. What do you all suggest he does instead then?