Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 05-23-2009, 03:41 AM
Navy Sister

Aw, Daddy is a sweet old dog, I can't believe he's 15 already! I wonder what the average pit bull lifespan is? Now I'm gonna have to go employ my superior googling skills That puppy is absolutely adorabe, thanks for posting pics Fransheska

Ok, after googling, the typical lifespan is 12 years for a pit bull
knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:55 AM
FluffyZooCrew

Awwww, look at that sweet old man. I always loved Daddy.

Kenyi, I had to google their age too.

Blue will be 12 this year, and I was wondering what their typical life span is. Wow, Daddy is 15! What a handsome, old man.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Top Dog

Poor Junior, he doesn't know what's coming (sorry I couldn't help myself). I don't know if Cesar has done too much for the breed. A ton of the dogs that go on his show are pitties (which may give the impression that they have a lot of behavior problems, they always end up having to go on his show). I also think people may feel pitties are safe in the hands of professional dog trainers, that they are the type of people who should own pits and that you really need to dominate pits, they try hard to be alpha, so if you are not up for that you shouldn't own them or else they'll take over. So I don't think he helps very much, seeing regular people with well behaved pitties would help, having a professional dog trainer who has to use harsh methods (which could make anyone who does not like harsh methods feel that pit bulls must be taught with harsh methods because they are so "hard") to keep his pitties in line and having a show full of pitties with behavioral problems is not something I think that is all that great. Hell, I think Rachel Ray's dog food commercial with her pit bull is more helpful, it shows a regular dog and a regular person (plus a female who people like). People need to see them as dogs, not dogs who can only be owned by "amazing" dog trainers but just good dogs.

I also think those who do like pits because of Cesar are all going out and getting them, which means all these pits are being trained using those methods which just makes me sad.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 05-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Living on Doberman Drive

For many people without Pit Bulls (which are a lot of people), seeing Daddy on TV is the only time they actually SEE a Pitbull portrayed in a good light. There is power in the media, for right or wrong.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Active Pup

I love Daddy and Junior. I do sometimes notice how depressed and tired looking Daddy seems but then I've seen him bark excitedly with his tail wagging or bark and growl at Cesar in a friendly way. I've also seen him play with Cesar and there was an episode where Daddy was standing right beside a cow off leash getting excited and barking as if he wanted to play with the cow. I'm not defending Cesar's methods, but if Daddy was truly shut down, wouldn't he be robotic etc all the time and not carry on the way he does sometimes?

Junior is a lovely dog as well. He seems a bit unsure at times compared to Daddy but I love it when he starts playing with other dogs. I watched an episode the other night where Cesar brought both Daddy and Junior to a house with two pugs and a little black dog and Junior started running about like crazy wanting to play and the little dogs didn't know what to do.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:03 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fransheska101 View Post
I dont agree with everything the dog whisperer (ceasar millan) does/says. But i do like some stuff about him

one thing I DO love about the show. is daddy. This dog has changed so many peoples minds about the pitbull breed and he is just such a cute friendly well behaved dog

I know people who used to be the biggest "omg ban the pitbulls they have lockjaws and will kill people" fanatics. but their minds have been changed by daddys sweet gentle nature
I agree. You can argue with his training methods but I really like what he has done for the reputation of Pit Bulls!

He has shown tthat Pit Bulls can be wonderful stable companions.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Top Dog

Daddy is a "pit bull", but by no means is he a true American Pit Bull Terrier. He's an American Bully with truly who knows what breeds in his genetic makeup as AmBullies are mixed breed dogs that can include, but not solely include, the APBT, AST, English Bulldog, Dogue de Bordeaux, Neo Mastiff, American Bulldog and whatever else the breed-for-looks people want to throw into the mix.

What HAS Ceasar done for "pit bulls" besides shoving it down people's throats that you can indeed train the dog aggression out of these dogs? The day I train the DA out of Tar Baby will be the day I train his white coat color off of him as well. Or maybe I should train his black nose color off while I'm at it.

Doing a little bit of good accompanied by a large amount of harm and spewing loads of misinformation doesn't equate to doing right by these dogs. We need people to educate and be educated truthfully.....not be told of rainbows and unicorns.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Show Dog

Junior is adorable! I love the gray coloring and those big feet are so cute.

I can't say I've ever noticed Daddy looking shut down and nervous. He always seems confidant and I've often seen him wagging his tail when interacting with people, even if it's just walking. I haven't really watched the show in awhile and I certainly haven't seen every episode so maybe I just missed something but he does really just seem like a calm, old man. I do remember that episode where he wanted to play with the cows too. I think the show just usually shows him in "work" mode where he's having to tolerate annoying dogs.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyxel View Post
Junior is a lovely dog as well. He seems a bit unsure at times compared to Daddy but I love it when he starts playing with other dogs. I watched an episode the other night where Cesar brought both Daddy and Junior to a house with two pugs and a little black dog and Junior started running about like crazy wanting to play and the little dogs didn't know what to do.
I really hope the wrath of Cesar wasn't used on those poor Pugs. They're very emotional dogs and some are so bad that if you even look at them angry they'll break down! They're one type of dog you need to use pretty much 100% positive training with.

What was the episode called? I wanna look it up.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Top Dog

I never see his shows , but Junior looks like a sweetheart ! Love his color and natural ears !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/