Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 05-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Resident fainting goat

Default Daddy the pitbull passes the torch

I dont agree with everything the dog whisperer (ceasar millan) does/says. But i do like some stuff about him

one thing I DO love about the show. is daddy. This dog has changed so many peoples minds about the pitbull breed and he is just such a cute friendly well behaved dog

I know people who used to be the biggest "omg ban the pitbulls they have lockjaws and will kill people" fanatics. but their minds have been changed by daddys sweet gentle nature

Well daddy is now 15 years old and getting ready to retire
and the torch is being passed to JUNIOR a little grey pit

Old 05-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Pits are TERRIERS. They are gamey, they are driven, they are confident. Put those together and you're going to see a fair amount of DA. It's truly scary that his portrayal of pits leads to people becoming complacent about their own pits. Almost scarier than BSL.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 05-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Resident fainting goat

I meant daddys behavior with people. how he is always wagging his tail, happy to meet new people, great with kids etc.. instead of being portrayed as a cold blooded killer

He is good with dogs. there wasn't a sign on him that said "ALL PITBULLS ARE GOOD WITH OTHER DOGS". people might take it that way but thats not what this thread is about. I just like the positive light that daddy is portrayed and I thought the pictures were cute

I DO NOT want this to become a debate angry thread. if thats what this is going, please some1 close it.

i do LOVE daddy and junior and think they are undeniably cute. and i must admit, daddy was the dog who made me beleive that not all pits were bad.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:34 PM
Felurian

It certainly doesn't hurt for people to see Pit Bulls being friendly, notably with human beings. Of all the Terriers they are probably the breed intended to be the most passive to human beings.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Top Dog

I'm with ya. While I now have strong (negative) feelings about Cesar now, I used to really like his show. And I LOVED Daddy. To me, it was less about him being a pittie (I've always liked pit bulls and didn't have negative associations with them), and more about his fantastic personality.

I do think that Daddy is one of the good things that came out of that show. I disagree strongly with Cesar's proposition that a good pack leader can cure dog aggression, but at least he showed a great example of a pittie.

I'm sad that he's 15.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Addicted to Agility

Junior is such a cutie and even tho I dont like the Dog Whisper I think its great that so many people have changed views on Pit Bulls because of Daddy and I cant believe he is 15 wow, never would have guessed that!
I do have to say that Daddy has to the only dog I have ever seen that had like zero personallity and I have been around MANY, MANY dogs. He reminds me of those robotic dogs they sell at Wal-Mart. He never looks very happy and seems in pain. I'm sure alot of you will disagree with this but thats ok, just my opinion.

Amazing fleece braided leashes, toys and more!
www.rushtotug.com
Old 05-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgilityKrazii View Post
I do have to say that Daddy has to the only dog I have ever seen that had like zero personallity and I have been around MANY, MANY dogs. He reminds me of those robotic dogs they sell at Wal-Mart. He never looks very happy and seems in pain.
Yea, that's called shut down.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 05-22-2009, 08:05 PM

I think that Daddy is just so very special... but any good that Cesar ATTEMPTED to do for the breed was flushed with the episode when that huge pit fight broke out.

PBRC News and Views: Dog, Pit Bull, Trinity: Did Cesar Erase the Aggression?

I'll NEVER forget it. It made me feel physically ill that anyone could be that stupid and irresponsible all in the name of entertainment.

The guys is just plain dangerous.

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/
Old 05-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Top Dog

I like Daddy also. I have seen him happy on different ocassions. He seems like a sweetie. I can't believe he's 15 though! I like him much better than his trainer tho, ha ha.

Thanks Steveinski!
Old 05-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Salty Sea Dog

as gorgeous as daddy was i couldnt see him on that show without feeling a little sad, hes just soo...shut down...the spark i expect to see in any dog, especially a terrier, even at old age, is just not there...

i mean for example i see pics of mushroom and luce and even when there perfeclty calm they have that glimmer of mischeif...the personality shines through...
when i see pictures of daddy he just looks so sad and reserved and i realy dont think its just because hes old or "just a quiet calm dog" half the time he looks like hes terrified and the rest its just like hes going through the motions...

i do however think hes a very pretty pitty and junior is also a very handsome young man, hopefully he does the dreeb proud (and id like to see him run circles around cesar :P)

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets