Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 05-21-2009, 09:49 PM
~Lisa~

Marley wears a collar. For her saftey and ours.

She is a brat. And if she doesnt have a collar on, she does braty things because we cant hear her, she will sneak up on you and pounce, climb on tables, and just be a menace. But with her collar on she doesnt do those things as she makes to much noise lol. I do keep her collar off at bed time, as she is locked in my room and I feel that she is more comfy with it off.

She doesnt have a strong drive to go outside. She is SUCH a sissy. We take her out often on a leash and tie her up. And if you even so much as carry her (with leash in hand) to the grass at the front of the drive way she freaks out runs as fast as she can back to the front door ans scratchs it to get back inside.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Puppy Dog

My kitten's too small, but as soon as he's big enough, i'll buy him a collar and tag. He doesn't spend much time outdoors- but I'd rather be safe then sorry.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Salty Sea Dog

pus pus wears his collar 24/7, it has a small bell and a tag, hes slipped out before and while he doesnt go far i like to keep the songbirds safe and make sure hes tagged just in case.

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 05-22-2009, 06:56 PM
My dog tickles my soul

The Kitty-Boy Brothers each wear a collar with a tag, and they are also both microchipped. They are indoor cats, but one of them took out a window screen once, so I prefer to have them labeled! We didn't originally have collars on them, but after the window incident (we found them four houses down the street rooting through the neighbors trash)... well... it seemed like a good idea.

I have the cat's name and our phone number engraved on one side, and on the back of the tag it says "I'M AN INDOOR CAT!" That way, I'm hoping that in case one of them escapes the house and a neighbor finds them, they won't just assume that collar = outdoor cat.

We really lucked out in that these guys never really had any issues with their collars. There was no training, no desensitizing. We just put the collars on and they were like, "yeah whatever."

As for the tail-chasing, Ticheli likes to play with his tail, though he doesn't really do the run-in-a-circle chase with it. He will usually pounce and then roll around on his back while holding the end of his tail between his front paws. It's soooo cute!
Old 05-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Very Food Agressive

Yay, I'm not crazy for wanting to collar Jade! We need to get a super small tag for her collar that won't weigh her neck down too much at first but the shop nearby has some you can special order that should work. Jade's funny, she does chase her tail in circles just like a silly puppy.

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:14 AM
Zookeeper Extraordinaire!

All my kitties are collared. Everyone has tags. Everyone is indoor only unless harnessed. Not everyone is happy about this. I do have attempted "jailbreaks" which is why everyone is collared.... and everyone has tags.
Most of mine do not chase their tails.. except Mae... she does. But she's weird.

Thanks to Sizzledog for le Siggy D'AWESOME!
Abusing Animals and Feeding CRAP since.... ALWAYS!
Old 06-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Puppy Dog

yup, mine has a collar