Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 05-21-2009, 02:10 PM
Very Food Agressive

Default Cat Owners

So... All you Feline Fanciers on Chaz, how do you feel about collaring your tiny Tigers? Currently my kitten is a bit too small for her collar but we plan to keep one on her when she grows into it since the band glows. I like the idea of having her collared in case she ever makes it outside and I like the fact that she'd be easy to spot in a dark room since she'll glow.

What about you guys? My parents and Justin's both refuse to collar their cats.

Another random question, do your cats chase their tails? Jade does but only when she follows me into the bathroom lol. It's like she does it to kill time.

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Top Dog

My cats always wear collars. They are indoor cats but they do try to sneak outside and I like them to have tags on all the time. Mittens chases his tail
Old 05-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Goober wears a collar 24/7... he darts out the front door any chance he gets and I have to go catch him so I'm not taking the risk of him not having ID on him.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 05-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Resident fainting goat

All of my cats wear collars, it helps set them apart from stray feral cats and in case they get lost, someone knows where to call.

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Top Dog

My cats thankfully have zero desire to go outside and it's just me and the hubby so there is not alot of traffic coming in and out so no collars here.

I have a few collars for each cat but they seem to bother them so I don't really worry about it. They are microchipped tho.

Thanks Steveinski!
Old 05-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Our cat is collared and tagged and microchipped. He comes and goes a few times a day, and I prefer the collar on him along with tag. Its a breakaway in case he gets caught on anything, but its also pretty tight on his neck, and shouldn't get caught.

I don't want to debate whether or not cats should be kept strictly indoors either. Our cat isn't a problem with any of our neighbors (we've asked) and he mostly just goes out to do his business.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Top Dog

No collars over here, they don't have much desire to go out and truthfully when it comes to cats, I don't think anyone would pick up a cat and return him, they'd think he belonged outside since cats are a species that is still allowed in and out by some people. I suppose you could write on his tag "indoor cat, please return" but you'd still have to count on someone actually going up to him and reading his tags.

And for tail chasing, mine both did it when they were kittens but grew out of it.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 05-21-2009, 07:04 PM
just call me Nilly

My two felines are collarless.

I tried making them wear collars. Nya will wear them, but the few that I've tried tangle her mane (I think it's mostly the tag, but her beastie band collar matted up her fur no matter how loosely I fastened it). Buddy just scratches them off after a day or so and I gave up trying. Right now we're in an apartment and there is 0% chance of them getting outside, maybe when we're in a house again I'll try harder.

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 05-21-2009, 07:57 PM
Top Dog

She had a collar a while back but she goes outside and climbs in trees etc and honestly I am just too scared that her collar will get caught and she will strangle herself. I should look at those collars that break though, I never heard of them... wouldn't mind one for when we move! I'd make her an inside only cat but she'd go crazy I think...
Old 05-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Top Dog

China has a really beautiful pink rhinestone collar but she's too little for it yet. I plan on her wearing it even though she will be an indoor cat. She cost to much to risk letting her out, lol!

She also will chase her tail. Here is a pic of her getting ready to chase it.