Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Photography

Old 05-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Squishy22

Talking OMG! Came accross an amazing deal. Got a new DSLR!

Some of you know that I've been looking around for used cameras. I had my beloved Nikon D40 stolen the other month, so I was looking for a camera to replace it.

I came across a D50 for $320 and a 4 year old D70 for $400. I looked at some reviews on the internet and I kept on coming back to the D40. The one thing that I really did not like about the D40 is that it is slow to focus sometimes, and thats when I started reading up on the Canon EOS digital rebel XT, which is faster than the D40, but still kind of in the same price range.

The D40 retails at $450 at walmart and the Rebel retails at $550. So I went to walmart today to take a look and to my amazement they have the Rebel on clearance and the price tag was only $299!! WOW.

I have now stepped out of the Nikon bubble, lol. I REALLY love this canon, a little more than my Nikon I had (though still a great camera). And the manual is easier to understand, which is a plus.

I know chaz is filled with Nikon fans, but does anyone else have a Rebel here? I am thoroughly impressed with the thing so far. Dont get me wrong, I still loved my Nikon as well and it produced some amazing shots... just slow.... The only real drawback.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Resident fainting goat

All the girls in the photography club at my school have canon rebels (students at my school get a discount) and they LOVE their cameras and they do take AMAZING pictures
ive played around with them and they are AMAZING cameras
Old 05-20-2009, 12:32 AM
Island dweller

I used two of them for the last paper I worked for. Two years of rebel use! Decent camera. I like my d70 more and the d40 was quite similar but I still like Nikon for me. GLad you got such a good deal. And a warranty
Old 05-20-2009, 12:39 AM
Island dweller

almost all of these were taken with a rebel

LLB Post - a set on Flickr
Old 05-20-2009, 12:46 AM
Squishy22

Yeah, I couldn't pass a deal up like that. Its GREAT to have a warranty as well. Cant keep my hands off of this thing either.

Something WAY annoying that happened today... I bring this camera home only to find out that it is missing the battery from its box. So I have to go all the way back to exchange my camera for one that has all its parts. At the price they were being sold at, I was lucky that there was another one left. So I get home with the second camera and I'm all ready to fire it up only to find out that I lost my new memory card that I just bought during my first trip to wal-mart. GAH!! All I wanted to do it try out my new camera and I couldnt even do that much, LOL. Luckily I found the card 30 minutes later.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:48 AM
Squishy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje View Post
almost all of these were taken with a rebel

LLB Post - a set on Flickr
Oh wow, those are amazing, saje. I love the dancer shots. Gorgeous.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:38 AM
Top Dog

that's really a great buy... im also looking around because i want to buy a new dslr too...
Old 05-20-2009, 06:33 AM
MIiA

I don't think there's a bad d-slr on the market and the rebel's a good camera - especially at that price! Congrats on the purchase!

Old 05-20-2009, 06:42 AM
Don't encourage me..

I have the Canon EOS 400D and I LOVE it... I didn't chose it, it was a gift from my daddy, but still I think it rocks!

Congrats on the new camera, no excuses for lack of pictures now!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 05-20-2009, 07:17 AM
Lord Cynical

I have a Rebel.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)