Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Photography

Old 05-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Resident fainting goat

Default Camera bags, you haz one?...shootsac?

Well, ive been looking for a camera bag. Im getting a NikonD60 but i cant find any bag that isnt grossly UGLY

I found this site..
Shootsac
the bag looks very pretty but i wanted to get some advice before i spend 200$ for a camera bag/cover
Old 05-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Water Junkie

Whoops, either you edited the post or I read it wrong.

As for bags, I just have a plain -ginormous!- black bag that has a Nikon plate on it. It's nice, lots of room lol.

Personally, I wouldn't spend $200 on a camera bag. . .save it for another lens!

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 05-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Island dweller

I've never heard of it but the site suggests you use it to supplement your camera bag. It doesn't look roomy enough for me but I can barely fit my equipment in the bag I have and it's a decent size.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:55 AM
MIiA

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I don't have a camera bag, nor do I have a use for one. I stick with a canvas bag if I need a bag to carry my camera and if I'm out hiking, the camera stays on my shoulder. I use a hip-pouch for filters/extra lens and my tripod goes on the other shoulder.

For waterproof protection, I have a waterproof hip bag that I got from Cabellas. I'll bring this one if I'm canoing.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:50 AM
Top Dog

I use this one: Swiss Gear - DIANA Bag for Digital SLR Cameras - Black - GA-7841-02F00

I LOVE it. It looks like a purse (it's actually just slightly bigger than my day-to-day Kate Spade Sam bag), so I can take it anywhere and use it with any outfit (even dressier ones). It has enough dividers to hold a camera, a second lens, and my wallet/cell phone/keys. If you want to carry a tripod and 4 lenses, it's not enough...but for what I wanted, it's perfect.

Side note, I also really liked that it doesn't advertise "CAMERA BAG!" on the side of it. I wanted to avoid anything with logos or symbols on it, because that is asking for trouble with theft. I've heard that diaper bags are actually a great alternative idea for camera bags--usually the contents of a diaper bag are worth diddly squat, so people don't both stealing them.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 05-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Top Dog

I have something similar to this:

http://www.penncamera.com/spec_sheet.html?catalog[name]=Lowepro-SlingShot-100-AW-(Black)&catalog[product_guids][0]=56797672-b5c4-4503-a2fb-b32902752075

it slings over your back - looks like a backpack, but you can swing it forward to get at the camera without having the remove the bag. It isn't beautiful, but it's little (fits a D80 with a lens, plus an extra lens, a small point and shoot camera, memory cards, etc.) and not bulky. I honestly just got my bag, so I can't say for sure about how long lasting it is, but it seems to be good quality, and I LOVE that it's easier to carry than a shoulder bag. I'm planning to take my camera hiking, etc, so a backpack/sling type bag was a necessity, as opposed to a bag. Plus, it's great to be able to access the camera, without having to handle the bag as well.

-GoingNowhere
Old 05-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Top Dog

I have a Domke bag (that I'm trying to get rid of) and a camera backpack. I MUCH prefer a backpack to a regular shoulder bag. Especially when I'm taking bigger lenses.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:00 PM
aka RedHotBabe

This is what I've coveted, but have yet to buy. So pretty!

Crumpler | 4 Million Dollar Home Camera Bag | MD-04-10A | B&H
Old 05-19-2009, 11:52 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

hmmm I just have a cheap bag from Kmart lol. I think it's called case logic. it cost about $40 and I thought THAT was crazy for a camera case lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 05-20-2009, 12:39 AM
Resident fainting goat

Lol right now im just checking out cute messenger bags, and ill just use that