Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-21-2005, 09:02 PM
Top Dog

oakley has a bowtie for my sister's wedding...hehe, its sooo cute

and, when we were in petco, we put a polo on him...it was the most adorable thing ever...a woman walked by, took one look at him...and bust out laughing...oakley was just standing there like "hey! whats so funny!!??"

Thanks Jessie!

Old 08-21-2005, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav
Well personally I think Gus looks very fetching in his dinner suit! lol! -joke!
Fetching eh? eewwww Did Renee put you up to that?

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
Ayn Rand

There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist.
Ayn Rand
Old 08-21-2005, 09:15 PM
Quigleyfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemydogs
Unless it is an Alskan sled dog, a dog should not wear shoes. That is why they have paw pads.
sorry but that statement is just plain ignorant. paw pads have to be conditioned to hold up to abrasion and sometimes protective booties are necessary, for example for search and rescue dogs who work in all kinds of debris.

just because a dog has paw pads doesn't mean they are suitable to walk/run on hot/hard/rough surfaces for an unlimited amount of time.

as for dressing up dogs - nah, i don't like it either, but it's generally harmless and i'd rather someone dress up their dog than keep it pened or chained it in the back yard.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 08-21-2005, 09:27 PM
Taco Dog

Are you kidding? I LOVE dressing my dogs up. I think it is adorable. I have a pic of Precious where she had on a bandanna print t-shirt, soooo cute. I have never dressed Spud up, but I have seen little Rugby shirts that I would love to get for him. Roxy has two sweaters. One she has grown out of, so it has been retired to Gracie Lou, though she despised wearing it the one time I put it on her . Roxy Mae has to have a sweater. In Alabama, it is so hot that our AC is always on, and sometimes it gets too cold for her in the house and I have to put her sweater on.
But to answer the ?, I love dog clothes. (What do you expect. I am a "pet stylist!"LOL)

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 08-21-2005, 09:56 PM
Manchesters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordy
as for dressing up dogs - nah, i don't like it either, but it's generally harmless and i'd rather someone dress up their dog than keep it pened or chained it in the back yard.
I believe this is what is called a non-sequiter?? Meaning one thing has nothing to do with the other, roflmbo. Now, people taking their dogs out for brisk walks instead of penning or chaining would be more like it!

And you are right.........dog feet are every bit as sensitive as our feet. And when it comes to such things as blistering heat, or as in my case when in New York, ROCK SALT, protection for the feet is vital. A dog is lost when one of its feet is messed up!!!
Old 08-21-2005, 10:42 PM
Top Dog

in that case...should i get some booties for oakley?

It gets snowy here in MI...we did adopt oakley in the winter, and never had any hurt feet...but hmm, i think i may get some for him...i was always worried he might lick the salt off his feet...but i never thought about it hurting them

Thanks Jessie!

Old 08-21-2005, 10:45 PM
Twin 2.0

I'm pretty sure Sawyer would chew off any clothes I put on him, including a bandana. I am going to get a picture of him in a cape though. He likes to lay in such a way that it looks like he's flying. Sawyer the Super Dog!