Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-21-2005, 04:39 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot
If you are talking about the dog clothes people wear to keep off the drool, mud and hair I think they are a great idea. I will be using overalls myself.
No I mean the little outfits people dress their dogs in.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:06 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

When teddy was only about 5 months old he had a sweater for the snow. It was a little hoodie sweater and on the back it said "hockey" with two sticks crossing and a puck in the middle. it even had the big middle pocket that hoodies have. he loved that sweater. He would put his paws in the arm holes himself while I held it open for him lol. but it is too small for him now lol. Also as for the boots for dogs. They aren't always a stupid idea. My moms shih tzu pug mix gets sores on her feet from the salting in the winter. So my mom got her boots.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemydogs
In sorry if that made you uncomfortable but I am serious. I think that it is kind of stupid. Unless it is an Alskan sled dog, a dog should not wear shoes. That is why they have paw pads.
Um, no... So you would say it is stupid that I put boots on my dogs, because the ground around here is hot enough to MELT your shoes? (Yes. Stand in one spot long enough around here and the soles of your rubber shoes begin to melt.)
Pads are not as tough as they seem, sometimes dogs do need the extra protection.

I like T-shirts for Ripley when it cools off around here, but my favorite thing for my dogs is bandannas - they're cute but they don't irritate the dog. (Last week it was Harley-Davidson bandannas - I take them off of the boys for the weekends.)

I don't think I'll ever go as far as to put my dogs in outfits, though. They're GUYS for cryin' out loud.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Puppy Dog

In georgia it feels like hell underwater most days. And most dogs are under shade.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:21 PM
no touchy

I think clothes are useful for dogs with shorter coats and such. Colby sometimes seems to get a little cold during the winter...she doesn't have a ton of hair on her belly...so last winter I was considering buying her a sweater to keep her warm on our walks.
But other than that my dogs don't really need clothes....May has a nice coat for cold weather, and I clip the fur between Tippy's paw pads so nothing can get tangled.... I do like bandanas and nice collars on them though. Tippy's first Easter with us we tied ribbon around their necks - they looked awfully cute. May has a nice pink leather collar with bones on it, and we've got one or two bananas hiding somewhere.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:23 PM
no touchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip's Girl
Um, no... So you would say it is stupid that I put boots on my dogs, because the ground around here is hot enough to MELT your shoes? (Yes. Stand in one spot long enough around here and the soles of your rubber shoes begin to melt.)
Pads are not as tough as they seem, sometimes dogs do need the extra protection.
Here a Chihuahua (or any other dog with a "flimsy" coat) could freeze to death in the winter without a sweater.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Puppy Dog

Chiwawas are inside dogs.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:26 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemydogs
Chiwawas are inside dogs.

so they should never be allowed to go outside? lol how nice of you. poor dog stuck in the house 24/7 never gets to see or smell new things.

and its Chihuahua

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-21-2005, 06:29 PM
Don't encourage me..

Well personally I think Gus looks very fetching in his dinner suit! lol! -joke!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 08-21-2005, 06:33 PM
Top Dog

**cough**H23.... **cough**