Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 05-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Owned by Belgians

Oh, good, it's just a neuter. I was afraid it might be something bad.

I was going to wait until 18 months with Balto. He never marked, but he started pestering my spayed female a lot, so 10 months was his special time.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
The idea of indoor marking scares me.

Tucker is almost 5 months old and hasn't lifted his leg yet. We weren't planning on neutering him, but hearing things like this always makes me worried.
Don't worry! As some have said, it -can- be trained out with heavy persistence. As I said, the neuter wasn't intended as a "fix" to the marking problem. It's just a hopeful side effect, since I was neutering him anyway.

Why not neuter Tucker, if you don't mind my asking? Personal choice? I know some folks just aren't fans of neutering but are safe with their intact dogs, I'm not trying to jump down your throat or anything, don't worry.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 05-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
LOL! I doubt he would want to hump anything with the incisions. It takes a good 4-6 months for the hormones to clear the system completely, not to rain on your parade or anything!
No worries! I'll just keep being persistent with the marking correction and the humping... er... corrections. I somehow feel bad interrupting his humping, the poor bean. XD

RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 05-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Athletic Labs. They Exist

Sawyer says welcome to the Nutless Club . He's on his second day after surgery and he's alittle more swollen today. So I just sat and iced his area lol for 15 minutes with a bag of frozen veggies.

If he would quit trying to sneak up on the couch im sure he wouldn't be feeling too bad today! And of course the attempted zoomies that are stopped but not before he gets a few strides.

AGH! He's the worst dog to keep quiet.

About the indoor marking. Sawyer never attempted it. But he is a MAJOR obsessive outdoor marker. Which really isn't a big deal. A "leave it" works. If its neuter helps with that. Well then cool. Main reason I got him done was.....well there was no reason not to. Im not breeding him and im not showing him. So to me there is no reason to leave a male dog intact. So I had already planned to wait until he was over a year to be done. It just so happened that in the time period of a month before he became obsessed with poor Maggie Mays behind (She's spayed) and also our cats and then he started humping occasionally.

Now Tucker was a MAJOR indoor marker. He even marked the christmas presents one year. And after his neuter it all stopped.
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Old 05-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
Don't worry! As some have said, it -can- be trained out with heavy persistence. As I said, the neuter wasn't intended as a "fix" to the marking problem. It's just a hopeful side effect, since I was neutering him anyway.

Why not neuter Tucker, if you don't mind my asking? Personal choice? I know some folks just aren't fans of neutering but are safe with their intact dogs, I'm not trying to jump down your throat or anything, don't worry.
I have no problem with answering

He may be shown depending on how he turns out. We're still waiting to see what he grows into as he gets a little older.

I have nothing against neutering... both of my girls are spayed. If he doesn't turn out, he will be neutered. But it'll be older than 6 months.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 05-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
I have no problem with answering

He may be shown depending on how he turns out. We're still waiting to see what he grows into as he gets a little older.

I have nothing against neutering... both of my girls are spayed. If he doesn't turn out, he will be neutered. But it'll be older than 6 months.
Oh cool! I didn't know he was a show prospect. Go Tucker! He's so cute. :P

Old 05-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Life's Rough

Even with the cone he is gorgeous!

Poor guy though, Riley had those 'sad eyes' right afterwards too. Definitely sends you into the guilt trip LOL

I feel rather lucky *knock on wood* that Dawson does not try to hump, nor does he mark in the house.

Now on walks.....he marks just about anything and everything(if I let him stop to sniff).

He is almost 10 1/2 months and still intact. Hopefully, he stays this way.

"Life is not a matter of milestones...but of MOMENTS."
Old 05-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Top Dog

Aw, poor Finn! He looks so sad, but very cute.. ((hugs)) to Finny boy.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Stryder only marked twice in the house as a pup.. once right after another. I was so shocked I threw an empty water jug at him... and he never did it again. LOL. But he is a marking machine around other dogs though.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Zookeeper Extraordinaire!

Shye started marking my kitchen trashcan once the Aussies showed up. Why the trash can and NOTHING else is beyond me. He has since stopped. No one else even tried.... ever. River's bad habit is jumping up.... Ransom barks.... and Azzy.... will lick anything and everything under the sun.

Thanks to Sizzledog for le Siggy D'AWESOME!
Abusing Animals and Feeding CRAP since.... ALWAYS!