Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 05-15-2009, 11:00 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer100 View Post
I think you forgot to quote the remainder of the post:
"On rare occasions you may find a purebred dog left by the owners because they simply cannot or do not know how to take care of him/her anymore. Such dogs are probably easier to find in larger cities and shelters."
No. That part was almost more absurd. 'Rare occasions?' If by 'rare' you mean 'daily,' and if by 'cannot or do not know how to care of him/her anymore' you actually mean 'dumped for any reason under the sun including my dog didn't match the new furniture' you might be a bit closer to hitting the nail on the head.

There is so much FAIL in this thread that I can't even wrap my mind around it. Does anyone else feel like they are in the Twilight Zone?
Old 05-15-2009, 11:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
No. That part was almost more absurd. 'Rare occasions?' If by 'rare' you mean 'daily,' and if by 'cannot or do not know how to care of him/her anymore' you actually mean 'dumped for any reason under the sun including my dog didn't match the new furniture' you might be a bit closer to hitting the nail on the head.

There is so much FAIL in this thread that I can't even wrap my mind around it. Does anyone else feel like they are in the Twilight Zone?
You don't know what I mean and you still judge me. You should start reading people's minds as a profession and before they elaborate on anything, tell them they're full of BS.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Have enough to share I hope?
Old 05-15-2009, 11:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip View Post
Have enough to share I hope?
I think I have enough for everyone. hehe Here come the sharks, it's feeding time.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:22 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
You don't know what I mean and you still judge me. You should start reading people's minds as a profession and before they elaborate on anything, tell them they're full of BS.
I read your posts. While you read mine, you apparently failed to note the sarcasm in the last one. I'll spell it out for you, this time without sarcasm:

Quote:
On rare occasions you may find a purebred dog left by the owners because they simply cannot or do not know how to take care of him/her anymore.
This statement is so far from the truth it's mildly horrifying. The purebreds in shelters that are supposedly rare are actually common. They don't make up 90% of the rescue population or anything, but they definitely make up a good chunk of it. Hillside's estimate of 30% or so seems accurate to me.

Your earlier statements about it being hard to find purebreds "unless they're very old or have behavioral issues" is also absurd, for the reasons previously mentioned in this thread. There are loads of purebreds in shelters, rescues, and in the homes of private rescuers all over North America. Young ones. Old ones. Young adults. Mature adults. You name it. Some may have behavioral issues, but it's not the norm. Some may have been dumped because the owners can't care for them anymore, but that's not the reason 80% of the time. It's usually stupid reasons. "I'm having a baby. It sheds too much. It costs too much, and I have better things to spend my money on. It's a year old and not cute anymore! My dog pulls on the leash. It jumps up on me. The kids wont take care of it like they promised to, and I'm tired of it. I got new furniture that I want to keep nice."
Old 05-15-2009, 11:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I read your posts. While you read mine, you apparently failed to note the sarcasm in the last one. I'll spell it out for you, this time without sarcasm:

This statement is so far from the truth it's mildly horrifying. The purebreds in shelters that are supposedly rare are actually common. They don't make up 90% of the rescue population or anything, but they definitely make up a good chunk of it. Hillside's estimate of 30% or so seems accurate to me.

Your earlier statements about it being hard to find purebreds "unless they're very old or have behavioral issues" is also absurd, for the reasons previously mentioned in this thread. There are loads of purebreds in shelters, rescues, and in the homes of private rescuers all over North America. Young ones. Old ones. Young adults. Mature adults. You name it. Some may have behavioral issues, but it's not the norm. Some may have been dumped because the owners can't care for them anymore, but that's not the reason 80% of the time. It's usually stupid reasons. "I'm having a baby. It sheds too much. It costs too much, and I have better things to spend my money on. It's a year old and not cute anymore! My dog pulls on the leash. It jumps up on me. The kids wont take care of it like they promised to, and I'm tired of it. I got new furniture that I want to keep nice."
Let's go back and see what you said first: "Boxer, this post, as always, is a load of tripe. At least you're predictable. I'm not sure how inappropriate it would be to speculate that you are spreading lies like this because you run an online directory for breeders of purebred dogs and fallacies such as this could benefit your business, so maybe I'll just leave that one alone."

If you said this: "The purebreds in shelters are actually common. They don't make up 90% of the rescue population or anything, but they definitely make up a good chunk of it. Hillside's estimate of 30% or so seems accurate to me." this would have been very appropriate and perhaps informative.

However, you taking all your trash here and disposing it in my face was not appropriate and was uncalled for.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:52 PM
Bored Now.

I do appropriate occasionally, but I heard it went out of style after your 30th thread derailment. I was actually going for 'accurate' with my first post and I nailed it.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I do appropriate occasionally, but I heard it went out of style after your 30th thread derailment. I was actually going for 'accurate' with my first post and I nailed it.
This thread was going fine until you and a few others came to dispose their trash. Read the 1st few posts and you will see it was all good. I think you are derailing the threads by following me everywhere. You must be a big fan of mine
Old 05-16-2009, 12:07 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
This thread was going fine until you and a few others came to dispose their trash. Read the 1st few posts and you will see it was all good. I think you are derailing the threads by following me everywhere. You must be a big fan of mine
You found me out.

I'm secretly obsessed with you. You're actually the reason I came back to chaz after my break. I just couldn't handle life without reading your posts. It was so empty and cold. I just didn't know what to do with myself. I've been trying to get your attention this entire time by responding to your posts, and when you mentioned that you recognized my username earlier, I actually swooned.

At least it's all out in the open now and I don't feel like I have to hide my infatuation anymore. *phew*
Old 05-16-2009, 12:08 AM
Fluffy Corgi Addict

Wow... >O_o;<

Um, anyway, I used to work at a shelter here and about 40% of the shelter population (this shelter housed hundreds of dogs at a time) were purebred. Less than half of those had actual behavior problems beyond needing basic obedience training like any puppy from a breeder would. I know shelters vary, but that also means that not every shelter is full of mixed breeds.

Eevee
13-year-old F Border Collie Mix - My Heart Dog!
Ravinel Fox Magick, CGC (Shippo)
8-year-old M Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Cheetah's Training Blog