Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 05-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Top Dog

Default I am Siamese if you please...

So we had a very unfortunate turn of events with our other kitty, (see the 'Our new kitty' thread). We brought her into the vet on Friday as she was acting quite 'off'. Come to find out she had a rare neurological disorder and had to be PTS. Needless to say the kiddo's were heartbroken, as were Tony and I.

We talked with the kids and they wanted a new kitty, as did Tony and myself because we were just coming to find how much fun they are. Forward to today. I drove up to Two Harbors to meet with a breeder and picked up this little girl. She's such a doll. She is still warming up to us but already has been purring and enjoying some cuddling. No name yet, gotta wait for Logan to get home from school to pick out a name. I was thinking Siam since in Lady and the Tramp the Siamese names were Si and Am but since she is a girl I think we need to put a girly spin on it. Anyways, here she is.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Top Dog

Sorry about what happened to other kitten.

The new kitten is adorable!
Old 05-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Top Dog

Thanks Pam. It sucked but what can you do. That's why we went with a breeder this time. Hopefully no more heartache.

She is a cutie though for sure. She is currently taking a very long catnap, lol.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Island dweller

What a doll. She's adorable. I bet you'll get some interesting name suggestions. lol I named our cat "kilo" lol That's really sad about the other kitty At least she didn't suffer. Poor baby.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Top Dog

Sorry for your loss , but this sure is a sweetie !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 05-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Very Food Agressive

Such a pretty kitty! I love the blue eyes Siamese tend to have Sorry about your other baby

Lacquer Ninja

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Top Dog

Sorry for your loss

She's adorable. Siamese kitties are so much (loud) fun
Old 05-13-2009, 05:46 PM
Top Dog

Thanks again guys. It totally sucked, can't get much worse than that.

On a happier note, the new kitty is playing and purring already! Fran, you are right, she is a bit noisy and I know that they are known for being loud so I am sure we are in for a treat, lol.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Top Dog

I'm so, so sorry about the other baby, did they think it was a genetic thing or what?

I love Siamese, I have a very hard time finding good cat breeders though (so I think I'll try getting them from shelters), dog breeders are so much easier to find, there is a clear cut good breeder and bad breeder, with cats it's very wishy washy to me since there are really no genetic health problems and you cannot show traditional Siamese cats (Well now their is the Thai so I guess you can). How did you decide on a good one?

Have you had Siamese before? If not you are sure in for an experience, they are one of the breeds I consider different from the average cat, they definitely have a temperament all their own. One of mine is more dog than cat. I get greeted at the door with yelling, he jumps into my arms, they sleep with me and are always in the same room as me unless I sneak away while they are asleep. Willie begs for attention and at times will walk at my left side at heel staring at my face and screaming at me as I walk. I love it. Is he a Seal point or Chocolate?

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Top Dog

My cat is a siamese mix that looks 100% siamese, and yes, when I lived in my apartment she was greeting me at the door meowing, and she's extremely loud and pushy when she wants food or attention. She often just lies down tummy up in front of my keyboard demanding tummy rubs. She's a great cat though, it's just part of her charm, lol.