Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Photography

Old 05-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Squishy22

Oh, and I do need to make sure I dont end up with a dud. That would majorly suck!
Old 05-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I think Zoom was just looking out for you... we have all been really worried for you and your girls and just want you all to be SAFE above all else.

How do you know how many clicks a camera has?? I have a Canon so maybe you can't find out. That's kind of a nifty feature, I guess, LOL.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 05-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Twin 2.0

Yeah, not trying to be bitchy or anything, just concerned. With everything you posted as of late, I'm just surpised and I'm hoping that this big purchase won't blow up in your face a couple months down the road.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Squishy22

I understand, guys. Thats why I did an update. The other month I am barely making it by financially and going through difficulties, and now I am looking into Nikon D40s. Umm yeah, that does sound odd. lol.

I really have no idea about the "clicks". I am assuming people just guess, which doesn't sound too reliable really. Weird.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:20 PM
MIiA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggin View Post
I really have no idea about the "clicks". I am assuming people just guess, which doesn't sound too reliable really. Weird.
The best you can do is look at the overall condition. You can reset a camera but at 7500, you're looking at either 7500 or 17500 in all likelyhood....still not bad.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:35 AM
Squishy22

Thanks Andrew. Unfortunately the camera has already been sold. So now I am continuing my hunt, lol.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:00 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje View Post
I hate it when people tell me what I can and can not afford and I'm sure most people here feel the same. I've had people do that to me online and in RL and they only do it once! lol I think having a good camera when you have two young children is darn close to a necessity. They are changing so much. It's a huge regret if you can't capture it. As for this particular camera I have bought a used dslr dud before so I would be cautious about it. Is there anyway you can take it to a camera shop or something to have it looked over?

Glad things are turning around for you Reg. And I hope you are happy at your grandma's
I completely agree, especially when others in this thread who have criticized have or are receiving financial assistance

Good luck on your camera hunt! If I hear/see of any good deals on D40s I'll let you know.

And pllllllleeeeassseee post some updated pictures of the girls and Truffles ASAP. I'm having Truffles withdrawals

Also, you may want to look into getting a Nikon D50 (you can probably find one for around $200).

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 05-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Twin 2.0

A D50 will be MUCH cheaper, as they were discontinued when Nikon released the D40 and the D60. It's what I have and its a fab camera.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:19 PM
FluffyZooCrew

Does the D50 take great pics like the D40 and 60? I, too, have been wanting a D40. Didn't know there was a D50 out there, and may look into that one too, since it's cheaper.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Top Dog

I'm sure this might be a bit obvious, but have you checked ebay? There are literally hundreds of Nikon cameras on there all the time. Here is a brand new Nikon d40 with less than 5 hrs left for 380(I'm sure it will go up though in the final minutes).

With a big purchase like this though its worth waiting for a good deal, and there are deff good deals to be had on ebay. I have actually bought some products for sooo much less then their worth, I was able to use them for several months and still re-sell them for more then I paid.

edit : Heres another for 275 with 12 hrs left.