Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Photography

Old 05-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Squishy22

Question Is this a good deal?

So, I had my Nikon D40 camera stolen just the other month. I've been looking into buying a USED one, because 500 bucks is just out of my price range right now to buy new and I miss my camera like no other. My p&s just isn't the same.

Anyway...

I found this add on craigslist and I'd like to know if its a good deal or not...

Quote:
Nikon D40.....................................275$
Great little camera, takes sweet pictures, 1/500s flash sync, great for low light work, and concerts. Comes with battery, charger, strap, etc. has about 5000-7500 clicks. Will only focus with AF-S lenses will meter with all AF lenses. KEH would say EX+.
is 7500 clicks ok for the price?
Old 05-12-2009, 10:53 PM
MIiA

7500 clicks is fine....in fact, I'd say pretty low. Now whether or not it would get an EX +, I don't know because it's been used pretty good, but for the price, that's a reasonable rate . However, not seeing it, I can only go based on the number of exposures/assumed wear & tear and based on that, I'd say it's decent.

Sorry to hear your camera got stolen.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:13 AM
Squishy22

Thanks for the input andrew. I am requesting pics of the camera before I go to buy it since he is a good hour away.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Twin 2.0

Good price or not, that's almost $300 you're going to be dropping on something that is a sheer luxury. I'd rather think you have better things, like a house or food, to be spending $300 on. IMO.

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 05-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Angel Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Good price or not, that's almost $300 you're going to be dropping on something that is a sheer luxury. I'd rather think you have better things, like a house or food, to be spending $300 on. IMO.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Squishy22

My financial situation is really nobodies business because I consider that to be my personal information, but since it has been brought up and some may be curious, I'd like to say that things have turned around for me and my family. I know I have not made any updates on my life in a long while (shame on me). Many of you know that things were REALLY bad for me not too long ago. FORTUNATELY, I currently do have the essentials such as food, roof over our head, new clothes (Madison is growing like a weed!), transportation, boxes of diapers, a couple thousand saved up for my move (which is why 500 is a little out of my price range), and a little extra spending money which I am choosing to buy a used D40 with for our road trip and pics of my two girls. My financial situation has improved greatly and I am no longer getting assistance from welfare to survive. I no longer need low income housing either and have removed myself from section 8 waiting list. I am making it now and I feel very blessed. Thanks.

And I do agree, Zoom, getting an expensive camera would be ludicrous if I was struggling with the essentials, especially since I have 2 little ones.

I also want to throw out there that my pre-trial was the other week. I had a really good attorney and I was let off with 2 years probation and thats it. I was facing some hefty jail time and fines. I am glad that is all over. No more stressing out over this. Oh, and no worries about my record because its going to be dropped completely.

So theres a little update if anyone was curious.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Top Dog

Congrats, Reggin! It sounds like you've been blessed with a lot of things lately! I hope things continue in a bright direction for you.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 05-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Squishy22

Thanks Cali!! I am very very happy that things turned around so well. I am happy for my 2 girls more so than anything.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Island dweller

I hate it when people tell me what I can and can not afford and I'm sure most people here feel the same. I've had people do that to me online and in RL and they only do it once! lol I think having a good camera when you have two young children is darn close to a necessity. They are changing so much. It's a huge regret if you can't capture it. As for this particular camera I have bought a used dslr dud before so I would be cautious about it. Is there anyway you can take it to a camera shop or something to have it looked over?

Glad things are turning around for you Reg. And I hope you are happy at your grandma's
Old 05-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Squishy22

Thank you, saje. I just had a brand new baby, and she is changing every day. Madison has grown so much, its nuts. I feel like I am missing it all without my D40. .