Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Blow. Me. Away.

Layla - Fawn Boxer Female: Took her in when she was 6 weeks old, she was a strong willed and stubborn little fawn Boxer puppy; her people had gotten her and kept her in a crate 9+ hours a day, and she ripped her face apart and her teeth out trying to get out of it. She was adopted when she was 5-6 months old on July 12, 2008.

Olivere - Black Labrador mix Male. Had him from age 5 weeks-1.5 years.

Samwise - Black and white Labrador x Doberman x Border Collie Male. Had him from

Stormy - Black and white Labrador x Basset Hound x Corgi Female: Taken in to foster days before being euthanized when I lived in Illinois last summer; I socialized and trained her. One of the BEST dogs I have EVER had; she was later adopted by my Grandma.

Curvy - Black and white American Staffordshire Terrier Female: Taken in when her owner's neighbors threatened to shoot her if they saw her outside. We had her for about a month, and then she was adopted.

Budmond - Brindle Pit Bull Male: Found in a backyard as a tiny puppy, chained, beer bottles beat on his head. He was recently adopted to my aunt, who lives on 15 acres with four other dogs in Eastern, WA.

Sally - Labrador x Pit Bull Female: Rescued days before being euthanized after being found as a stray, adopted by our friend after having her for 6 months.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Very Food Agressive

You guys that foster are amazing

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Top Dog

aww, they're all so cute!!

My first foster was Eadon, a terrier/dachshund mix. Very sweet little dog.

then there was Sassy. She liked to "talk" in the form of growls. We got used to it after a bit, she was charming and absolutely loved to eat.

And I had Corey for a while. Interesting dog. He was just about a year old and still liked to chew - but fortunately, for some reason, he decided that the carpet pad was more fun to eat than the carpet itself when we weren't watching. So he proceeded to flip the carpet up with his nose and chew at the pad underneath.

Biskuit was a lhasa with terrible matted hair when he came in. He was sweet, but was easily agitated if you tried to get him to do something he didn't want to do. I'm sure the fact that he could hardly see was part of it

Bentley was a wonderful beagle. Sweet, and surprisingly quiet for a hound!

Lindy was one of my favorites. She was a 7 year old aussie/golden mix (best guess). Very nice, quiet, and well mannered.

the mouseys started as fosters, but quickly ended up being permanent. Not too many people who want to adopt mice - especially when I was being too overprotective! Macey (in back)

Marley

and Mo

and Mr Toe-B (short for toe-biter, pronounced "Toby")

that's all. We had one more, but she was just an overnight foster.

-GoingNowhere
Old 05-06-2009, 10:05 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I would post their pictures but Pepper looks like Pepper so there isn't much point. SHe was not starved, she was not neglected unless you count the fact that no one claimed her, no one was looking and she had no id on her, let alone training. Victor looked like a skinny Victor. Pointers never do have a baby look.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 05-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Twin 2.0

Virgo, black Lab was with me off-and-on for about two years; pulled her from the shelter she had been living in for 3 months. She was rehomed and returned to me twice, the last time she was a completely different dog. It took me 1 1/2 years to undo what 3 months of being in the wrong home had done. She's now living the high life with ILoveMyLab in Canada
First day I had her home:

Last spring:

Clyde, beagle mix, somewhere around 3 months. Had him for a week while waiting to get him into the Safe Harbor program (gives shelter dogs to prisoners for training, great program)
Old 05-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Lord Cynical

My first foster, a Chessie puppy I called Patrick. I had him for four weeks.

And Calypso, a blue dobe I fostered for 3 months. She was 5-6 months if you looked at her teeth... but her size was that of a 14 week old pup. Malnourished and tied to a truck, while the owner was in jail on meth charges.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 05-07-2009, 05:25 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Lilly, my first and only foster. We all see who well that worked, didn't we? LOL!
She has been with me for 3 years and is now firmly in her forever home.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/