Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Big German Shepherd

Aw... congratulations Dakota.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:34 PM
Manchesters

Default Thank You, Yuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckaduck
The way it has been said is very blunt and to the point you may find this mean. I don't think Manchesters is suggesting that poor dog to you as an owner, but to the breeder as a breeder if the tests are not done. She is only trying to guide you to a healthy long living puppy. It is hard sometimes to hear things we don't want to and maybe this breeder is up on everything, wonderful. Just remember to ask lots of questions and it is not insulting to a breeder to be asked things it shows your love for the pup. Breeders like to know that responsible owners are buying their pups and by asking her questions you will show that. Of course I would not suggest accussing her of anything, no that would be mean and nasty, but ask a few questions. I know a golden retriever breeder here and she does those test and guarantees her pups, and you are a smart person so I am sure you will ask what you need to and will get a wonderful pup. Congradulations again.

And yup, ElinHunter is right-----I am this way with anyone I hear who is buying a pup. I just wonder why SHE and Buddatd did not make these same suggestions to you???? EVERYBODY knows that when dealing with Goldens hips and eyes are vitally important. Still on ignore, I just don't do kids well at all. Too dense for me. Note that there has been nothing said about checking that these tests have been done.

Oh well.....from now on anyone getting a dog from a byb is on their own as far as I am concerned. Not MY problem.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:35 PM
OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!

Thanks everyone after reading your posts I think I went over board some. I'll shake it off and just listen but please don't say I'll have a lame dog it makes me very upset. Thanks again. Hope I get a good puppy.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:37 PM
OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchesters
And yup, ElinHunter is right-----I am this way with anyone I hear who is buying a pup. I just wonder why SHE and Buddatd did not make these same suggestions to you???? EVERYBODY knows that when dealing with Goldens hips and eyes are vitally important. Still on ignore, I just don't do kids well at all. Too dense for me. Note that there has been nothing said about checking that these tests have been done.

Oh well.....from now on anyone getting a dog from a byb is on their own as far as I am concerned. Not MY problem.
Sorry If I was mean in anyway...I know you where tryng to help and I strongly believe that Mrs.Cindy has done these tests, she has had very good freeback on owners who have gotten dogs from her. Please just don't say I'll have a lame dog...it makes me upset.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:37 PM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah_2009
Thanks everyone after reading your posts I think I went over board some. I'll shake it off and just listen but please don't say I'll have a lame dog it makes me very upset. Thanks again. Hope I get a good puppy.
I hope you do, too. Congratulations on finally being able to add a Golden to your family!
Old 08-21-2005, 01:39 PM
OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!

Thanks Rip
Old 08-21-2005, 01:39 PM
no touchy

I have to agree that if the parents don't have good OFA and CERF scores, you shouldn't get a puppy from Ms. Cindy. Health tests are important. Those tests are especially important when looking for a lab or golden from a breeder.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:41 PM
OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!

Ok Gaddy..but she has never as far as i know has had a problem with her Goldens health or any pups that they have had
Old 08-21-2005, 01:42 PM
no touchy

That's good, but I'd ask just to make sure. Congrats on your pup.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:44 PM
OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!

Thanks Gaddy and I'll ask