Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 05-23-2009, 12:30 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Question What is ma' Bo?

I have gotten the craziest guesses from people as to what is in him. My guess is a Pit/Catahoula mix maybe? He's around 10 months old and weighs about 35lbs. Little bitty thing. His fur is thicker than T-Bones and much softer, so that throws me off a little.

What do you think?

Bodyshots

Hai!

Floppy ears and worry wrinkles

A lapdog.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:14 AM
Twin 2.0

Yup, I think that's a Voodoo.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:48 AM
Top Dog

ohh so cuteee!
Old 05-23-2009, 07:37 AM
swimming upstream

that face shot sure looks like Voodoo! He is a real cutie!
Old 05-23-2009, 08:50 AM
Top Dog

Can I ask a really dumb question? Is it possible he's all APBT? He's just a little smaller, weight wise, for an adult APBT (at least according to this link American Pit Bull Terrier), but he's still young . Now, granted, I don't know a heck of a lot about Pits, but except for his ears, conformation wise, he sure looks like the one at the top of that article. His ears appear to be more like the one in the older picture. Oh, btw- he really is a handsome fellow!
Old 05-23-2009, 09:56 AM
FluffyZooCrew

Looks to be like he could be a full blooded APBT. Some are badly bred, so they come out looking like mixes. But I mainly just see pit bull in him.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Top Dog

Mick's Mom
he could be. nobody cared about ears on game dogs all that mattered was sound structure & heart. you can see ADBA registered dogs bred from game stock that you and most everyone else would swear was a lab mix w/o any pit.

if he is a cur/bullbreed mix it could be any breed of cur & any breed of bull. i've see a bullmastiffXridgeback (aussie hogdog known mix) that was identical conformation to my catXAB right down to the color & markings. the aussie who showed me the pics had it w/ a dog that looked like a littermate but was an entirely different cross. the last catXpit i had a smaller but otherwise identical conformation to the catXAB. i've also seen pure BMCs, BMCXs, plottX, Mt curX & even a redboneXboxer & labXboxer that were conformationally identical in the important areas. the ONLY differences being height/weight and ears. but the ratios were the same like height to length, height to width, muzzle to head, muzzle length to width, muscle distribution, angulation; all had more consistancy than within some purebreeds.

so basically, if you don't know a dog's history, it's all just pleasant musings. like what if i won the lottery.

Last edited by Pops2; 05-23-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Felurian

He's right in the size range of Tallulah. He could very well be purely APBT. He looks a lot like she did (only not as scrawny) when I brought her home. Her coat was thicker and softer as a pup than it is as an adult, too.

You'll see some differences in dogs descended from game lines.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Living on Doberman Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyZooCrew View Post
Looks to be like he could be a full blooded APBT. Some are badly bred, so they come out looking like mixes. But I mainly just see pit bull in him.
Me too.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:09 PM
Felurian

Truthfully, I don't see the "badly bred" in that dog. All I see is APBT. Old school.

Someone like Miakoda would have a more valuable opinion though.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian