Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 05-03-2009, 03:15 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Default my new baby, Izzy :D

*Some* of you may (or may not) know that I have been researching about ferrets & their care. Anyway, I've been picking up things when they're on sale here and there, with the goal to put in an adoption application sometime this summer or to be put on a waiting list...
Friday night my best friends surprised me with the cutest baby in the whole entire world!
I have been really sick, out of work all week, went to the hospital, got cat scans, follow ups with my doctor (and I still have one next week) but I am finally starting to feel better...
...... but this has to be the best medicine !!

She is so very cute, I've been calling her "Izzy". I'm loving her 'reverse skunk' markings... even if it changes as she ages.
She's very sweet, and of course feisty. She's supposed to be 8wks old, and I see a tattoo in her ear, so I'm assuming she's a Marshall ferret. The girls gave me a small bag of food with her, the food that she was on. I've given her a mix of that food and some canned Fri night and Sat morning - I am trying to switch her to raw as soon as possible

Maddie keeps looking at her quizically... lol... and trying to lick her in the face

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 05-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Resident fainting goat

awww shes sooo cute!! congrats! ive been researching ferrets also, but the whole litterbox thing makes me cringe lol

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:20 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fransheska101 View Post
awww shes sooo cute!! congrats! ive been researching ferrets also, but the whole litterbox thing makes me cringe lol
So far, I am the luckiest! The girls said she was using newspaper at the store... I already have a corner pan, so I basically ripped up some newspaper and put it in the bottom of the pan. Like magic! She is using it. I just reach in there with a bag and roll it up/toss it, put more paper down.
<3 I <3 her

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 05-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Top Dog

She is a cutie

Sounds like you've done your research too, which is always good to hear!
Old 05-03-2009, 03:38 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I am so happy for you! I love the reverse marking too. HOpe she provides you the best relief from your worries. Vibes that whatever it is passes and leaves you whole and healthy.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 05-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Felurian

She is ADORABLE! I love ferrets . . . no way would I bring one in with my three though

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-04-2009, 10:27 AM
My dog tickles my soul

Awwwwww... she's cute! I really like the stripe down her back, too.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Top Dog

CONGRATS!! What a cutie!!

Can you brief me a bit on marshalls ferrets? I've heard the term thrown around a bit in my research on ferrets, but am not sure exactly what they are....is it like some sort of puppymill but ferret version?
Old 05-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Wookie Collie

OH MY GOD

You have a Porom twin! Look!

That's when she was about the same age as Izzy. Izzy'll probably be a lot whiter when she grows! In most silvery roan ferrets, that's the pattern I've noticed. See Porom now:

*end thread hijack* She so pretty Also: You may or may not know this, but she may be deaf. It's not a bad thing, but most white ferrets are deaf. Porom is, and it doesn't affect her in the least. You can do some sound tests to test it, if you want. It's mostly just good to know, IMO, so you might approach them a bit more carefully as not to startle them. I pat Porom's head before waking her up so she knows I'm there.

Juicy: Marshall's ferretry is the primary supplier of ferrets to most North American pet stores. My two are Marshall's. There are rumors that Marshall's ferrets have higher risk of health problems, but since ferrets are generally an unhealthy species to begin with, it's not necessarily easy to find fact in it, as many "reputable" bred ferrets have similar problems.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 05-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Very Food Agressive

lol That puts us up to 4 Izzy's I think! Pretty girl I like the white ones the best.

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.