Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Photography

Old 05-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Show Dog

Default If you've wondered.......

what I've been up to and why I haven't been around for awhile, well we've been quite busy.

For the last couple of months we've been busy at the new property. The road, power, and water were done the end of last summer. The barn was built in November, just in time for a serious winter. We were not able to address the inside of the barn until March because we had to wait to be able to do concrete. So in a matter of 6 weeks we have done a concrete slab in the barn (all but under horse stalls), extended power to the barn, hooked up water, built stalls, and framed, insulated, wired, plumbed, and sheet rocked the area that will be our kennels. All the while working 4 - 10's. Needless to say we are wiped out.

Here are photos of our work.

The barn/kennels

The stalls

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, and your dog. You are his life, his love, and his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion....." Author Unknown
Old 05-03-2009, 12:01 AM
Show Dog

This is the kennels side.

The first photo is where the inside kennels wil be going with doggy doors going out to outdoor runs.

This area will also have a counter and cupboards as well as a frig and a freezer for dog food, along the wall on the right hand side.

The second and third photo are of the utility area where the pressure tank for the well, the hotwater tank, a utility sink with counter space, and a washing machine.

The barn, in whole, is 36' x 40'. The shed row and stalls take up 24' x 40' and the kennel area is 12' x 40'. We are planning on 30' outdoor runs (may be 40' if there is enough room, drain field for septic may make them only 30') coming of of each kennel.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, and your dog. You are his life, his love, and his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion....." Author Unknown
Old 05-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Love my pets

Looks nice.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:00 AM
RedyreRottweilers

Gorgeous. I wanna come visit!
Old 05-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Top Dog

Very nice !!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 05-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Your Mom

That looks awesome! You've been busy How many kennels are you putting in?

Oldham's Goddess of War CGC, PSA1, CL1-F "Teeny"
Connors' Baloo CGC, TT "Blue"
Old 05-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Banned

Every now and then I have to go visit some of the excavating jobs I've done...like yours, the guy that did the road way back when rarely sees the finished product. There are exceptions, but it's like a garden, we generally only see it as it's planted, not once it's in full bloom after a while.